London Banter

-   -   Can Oyster prepay validate as a carnet journey? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1328-can-oyster-prepay-validate-carnet.html)

Ben Nunn January 23rd 04 12:45 PM

Can Oyster prepay validate as a carnet journey?

Another confused Oyster thing...

Suppose I have a ticket into London on Thameslink.

I then change at Farringdon, and get onto the Underground - e.g. without
exiting a barrier.

If I touch my Oyster on the carnet validator, then travel, and then exit at
a z1 barrier, will I be charged for just z1, or for the maximum fee?

BTN

[email protected] January 23rd 04 12:49 PM

Can Oyster prepay validate as a carnet journey?

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:45:14 -0000, "Ben Nunn"
wrote:

Another confused Oyster thing...

Suppose I have a ticket into London on Thameslink.

I then change at Farringdon, and get onto the Underground - e.g. without
exiting a barrier.

If I touch my Oyster on the carnet validator, then travel, and then exit at
a z1 barrier, will I be charged for just z1, or for the maximum fee?

You will be charged for just zone 1 as long as you validate in at
Farringdon