London Banter

-   -   Doh - lack of Overground mentality (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13309-doh-lack-overground-mentality.html)

eastender[_4_] November 24th 12 10:48 AM

Doh - lack of Overground mentality

So going to Olympia yesterday from Dalston Junction I went to Highbury,
changed to Vic line, then at Kings X worked my round the circle to
High Street Ken, then bus to Olympia. Completely forgot that from
Highbury I could have got a direct train to Olympia.

Must do better, especially as TFL has just kindly emailed me with the
start of the service to Clapham J via Surrey Quays on 9 December.*

E.

* I see they are promoting it as a way to get to Canary Wharf avoiding zone 1.

[email protected] November 25th 12 09:59 AM

On Saturday, 24 November 2012 11:49:00 UTC, eastender wrote:
* I see they are promoting it as a way to get to Canary Wharf avoiding zone 1.

Good luck getting on the Jubilee line at canada Water during the morning commute...

eastender[_4_] November 25th 12 11:46 AM

On 2012-11-25 10:59:31 +0000, said:

On Saturday, 24 November 2012 11:49:00 UTC, eastender wrote:
* I see they are promoting it as a way to get to Canary Wharf avoiding zone 1.

Good luck getting on the Jubilee line at canada Water during the
morning commute...

That's what I thought – suppose it's better at London Bridge. They can
also go to Shadwell though.

E.