Old December 9th 12, 12:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

Default New LO in car line diagram for ELLX Phase 2

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 11:47:56 -0000, "Peter Masson"
wrote:

The right hand line ends in a buffer stop under the bridge from which the
photo was taken. The left hand line continues as the transfer line between
the ELL and the NLL. This is currently OOU, but for it to be used there will
either have to be an AC/DC interface, or anything using it will have to be
dragged by a diseasel.

The line which extends to the west from platform 2 is certainly
not in use. I was lurking along Liverpool Road and looked over
the wall on the west side. There is a piece of wood (an old
sleeper?) tied down across the track by signal NL 1238. I've
seen it before but I don't know when it was put there.
--
Roger
Old December 13th 12, 08:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Paul Scott) wrote:

wrote in message

It is OK. It is a pity we cannot have two or three fleets covering a
subset of Overground services. These trains could then carry simpler
maps covering the are served.

Are the actual sub-classes split rigidly between the bits of the network
anyway? For example are there now some dual voltage units in egular use
on the East London?

Not at all split rigidly.

As you probably know, there was originally a discrete number of DC
only units ordered, and this fleet was sized for the original ELL, ie
before the Highbury extension. All the subsequent orders (as the
extensions were approved) were for dual voltage stock, and they can
and do go anywhere on the overall electrified network.

Hence all the dual voltage units need the full map.

I decided to take Boris' M25 all the way round as I had time to spare in
London yesterday. In fact all the DC-only units seem to have the new maps
and most of the DV units don't have the Surrey Quays to Clapham Junction
link on their maps yet.

I had some business in Putney and then went to Clapham Junction. The first
departure advertised, at 13:29, was to Highbury and Islington so I got on
that on platform 2. In fact the 13:31 to Stratford left first but never
mind. The change is easier at Highbury the way round I took. While at
Highbury I photographed the connection to the AC route which is clearly
still not commissioned, unchanged since I took photos there in July last
year.

After I got back to Clapham Junction I went to Battersea Park. The subway to
Platform 1 is now taped off with a sign "Please not as from Sunday 09th
December there will be no more direct trains to Peckham Rye, if you require
a service to Peckham Rye you will have to go via Clapham Junction". The
platform indicator says "***PLATFORM CLOSED*** This platform is no longer in
passenger use." Platform 2 has no advertised services. I suspect the Parly
may use it. Both tracks through platforms 1 and 2 seem still to be in
regular use. I caught the continuing Victoria-London Bridge service from
platform 3 as far as Crystal Palace.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old December 13th 12, 08:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Apropos just of the new route. at Dalston Junction today there was a
great announcement along the lines of: "The xxxx service to Clapham
Junction has been cancelled due to an unknown reason subject to ongoing
investigation".

E.

Old December 13th 12, 09:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2012-12-13 22:04:15 +0000, Paul Corfield said:

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 21:40:47 +0000, eastender
wrote:

Apropos just of the new route. at Dalston Junction today there was a
great announcement along the lines of: "The xxxx service to Clapham
Junction has been cancelled due to an unknown reason subject to ongoing
investigation".

"we ain't got no clue, innit"

What got me is that this sounded like a prerecorded announcement - I'd
take my hat off to the person who wrote this if it weren't so cold.

E.

ELLX phase 2 Mwmbwls London Transport 98 January 28th 08 09:03 AM
ELLX phase 2 Peter Masson London Transport 1 December 14th 07 08:26 PM
ELLX phase 2 Mizter T London Transport 0 December 14th 07 06:26 PM
Latest official Crossrail Line Diagram John Rowland London Transport 0 August 4th 04 10:10 AM