London Banter

-   -   London Underground Working Timetables (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13393-london-underground-working-timetables.html)

Walter Briscoe January 27th 13 09:37 AM

London Underground Working Timetables

A newish WTT set is available at http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/
wtt_for_underground_lines#incoming-346498.

Sadly, Victoria is at 34. I am told the Victoria introduced a new
timetable last Sunday - No.35.

While the Freedom of Information Act is probably not the best mechanism
for making this information publicly available, having data in PDF files
is a lot better than on a ream of paper. ;)
--
Walter Briscoe

Basil Jet[_3_] January 27th 13 10:10 AM

On 2013\01\27 10:37, Walter Briscoe wrote:
A newish WTT set is available at http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/
wtt_for_underground_lines#incoming-346498.

Sadly, Victoria is at 34. I am told the Victoria introduced a new
timetable last Sunday - No.35.

While the Freedom of Information Act is probably not the best mechanism
for making this information publicly available, having data in PDF files
is a lot better than on a ream of paper. ;)

I'm amazed that the Circle timetable still runs from Aldgate to Aldgate,
when Edgware Road would be the most logical break.

Richard J.[_3_] January 27th 13 03:20 PM

London Underground Working Timetables

Basil Jet wrote on 27 January 2013 11:10:51 ...
On 2013\01\27 10:37, Walter Briscoe wrote:
A newish WTT set is available at http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/
wtt_for_underground_lines#incoming-346498.

Sadly, Victoria is at 34. I am told the Victoria introduced a new
timetable last Sunday - No.35.

While the Freedom of Information Act is probably not the best mechanism
for making this information publicly available, having data in PDF files
is a lot better than on a ream of paper. ;)

I'm amazed that the Circle timetable still runs from Aldgate to Aldgate,
when Edgware Road would be the most logical break.

But that would result in Edgware Road appearing twice, which would be
even more confusing.

It's basically a Hammersmith & City timetable (Hammersmith - Barking),
on to which the Circle Line service has been grafted. So the Circle
Line route is shown as:
a) Hammersmith - Liverpool Street, as part of the eastbound H&C
b) Liverpool Street - Aldgate, as an eastbound branch off the H&C from
Liverpool Street
c) Aldgate - Victoria - Edgware Road, as an eastbound branch into the
H&C at Edgware Road

Wimbledon-Edgware Road is similarly shown as an eastbound branch into
the H&C at Edgware Road. This means that all eastbound arrivals at
Edgware Road are shown on the same line in chronological order, and
similarly for westbound departures.
--
Richard J.