Old March 12th 13, 08:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Season Validity Query Southern & FCC

There was an announcement this morning at Christ's Hospital along the
lines of Due to possible delays and cancellations due to the inclement
weather FCC tickets would be accepted by Southern and vice versa.

I had always assummed that my Southern Issued Season (Amberley -
Isleworth) was also valid on FCC (I used one last night to get me from
East Croydon to Three Bridges).

Is it the case that unless tickets say Southern Only or somesuch (mine
just says Via "Not London" they are valid on FCC also? (I have made
the same assumption about other Southern issued tickets in the past.
As far as I can recall i've never been gripped on an FCC, or if so
very rarely and without comment.

Old March 12th 13, 10:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
,
Chris Holmes wrote:
I had always assummed that my Southern Issued Season (Amberley -
Isleworth) was also valid on FCC (I used one last night to get me from
East Croydon to Three Bridges).

Is it the case that unless tickets say Southern Only or somesuch (mine
just says Via "Not London" they are valid on FCC also?

Yes. And any other operator that provides services on a Permitted Route
between the two station *or* any intermediate points. This could, for
example, include Cross Country or SWT.

Unless the ticket has a specific operator name in the "route" section,
it is operator-agnostic.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Mobile: +44 7973 377646 | Web: http://www.davros.org
Old March 12th 13, 03:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Clive D. W. Feather wrote

Chris Holmes wrote:

I had always assummed that my Southern Issued Season (Amberley -
Isleworth) was also valid on FCC (I used one last night to get me

from
East Croydon to Three Bridges).

Unless the ticket has a specific operator name in the "route"

section,
it is operator-agnostic.

But, assuming only SWT operate Isleworth services and SWT don't have
Amberley services, could a restricted ticket mention /two/ operators or
would multiple tickets have to be issued ?

Of course since "not Gatwick Express" exists perhaps "not FCC" ?

--
Mike D

Old March 12th 13, 07:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Michael R N Dolbear" wrote:

But, assuming only SWT operate Isleworth services and SWT don't have
Amberley services, could a restricted ticket mention /two/ operators or
would multiple tickets have to be issued ?

Typically these are NOT something, but there was CENTRL/SILVLINK for cheapo
MK to Brum tickets before LM came into existence merging the two.

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK. Put first name before the at to reply.
Old March 12th 13, 10:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Michael R N Dolbear" wrote in message

Clive D. W. Feather wrote

Chris Holmes wrote:

I had always assummed that my Southern Issued Season (Amberley -
Isleworth) was also valid on FCC (I used one last night to get me

from
East Croydon to Three Bridges).

Unless the ticket has a specific operator name in the "route"

section,
it is operator-agnostic.

But, assuming only SWT operate Isleworth services and SWT don't have
Amberley services, could a restricted ticket mention /two/ operators or
would multiple tickets have to be issued ?

There are a few tickets that mention more than one operator eg

Shrewsbury - London Terminals rte ATW and LM only
Portsmouth Stns - Southend Stns rte Southern & c2c

Peter Smyth

Old March 13th 13, 09:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 19:55:32
on Tue, 12 Mar 2013, remarked:
There are GA & Southern only fares between Cambridge and Brighton. Just
saved myself £6.40 with one.

Although they could have the same basic effect with a simple "not FCC"
ticket.
Old March 13th 13, 03:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote
on Tue, 12 Mar 2013, remarked:

There are GA & Southern only fares between Cambridge and Brighton.

Just
saved myself £6.40 with one.

Although they could have the same basic effect with a simple "not

FCC"
ticket.

Today, yes but SWT operated Havant-Brighton within the last decade.

Ticketing systems never forget.

--
Mike D