London Banter

-   -   Jubilee Line shut... until 1977? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13493-jubilee-line-shut-until-1977-a.html)

Theo Markettos April 30th 13 12:03 AM

Jubilee Line shut... until 1977?

Did the Standard decide to economise by using out of copyright images for
its news stories or something:
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...h-8594267.html

So we have Baker St with only four stations southbound on the Jubilee, some
antique 'Way Out' signage, a Tube map that goes to Ongar and everyone
dressed as if John Lennon was still alive...

Theo

Basil Jet[_3_] April 30th 13 07:02 AM

On 2013\04\30 01:03, Theo Markettos wrote:
Did the Standard decide to economise by using out of copyright images for
its news stories or something:
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...h-8594267.html

So we have Baker St with only four stations southbound on the Jubilee, some
antique 'Way Out' signage, a Tube map that goes to Ongar and everyone
dressed as if John Lennon was still alive...

The Jubilee Line opened in 1979. Since a poster on the wall declares
that it is now open, presumably the picture is from 1979.