London Banter

-   -   TV Alert - The Tube: An Underground History (BBC2 tomorrow at 9PM) (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13509-tv-alert-tube-underground-history.html)

e27002 May 16th 13 03:22 AM

TV Alert - The Tube: An Underground History (BBC2 tomorrow at 9PM)

On 15 May, 13:51, wrote:
The Tube: An Underground History, expected to include footage of January's steam runs, will be on BBC at 9PM this Thursday (Friday in Scotland)

"The world's first underground railway is spending its anniversary year celebrating its own history. They're sending a steam train back underground, and there's a Royal visit to prepare for. On the tube, history is everywhere - it's down every tunnel, in every tunnel, in every sign and design, and in the lives of the unsung people who built it and run it today"

More info and preview clips -http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01sjtzw

See thread started by Mizter T, and xposted by me, on Tuesday.

Offramp May 17th 13 11:27 AM

TV Alert - The Tube: An Underground History (BBC2 tomorrow at 9PM)

The Times preview said that there were some fascinating details such as that Piccadilly Line stations all have different tile-work and why.

I missed the programme. So now I will never know.

Basil Jet[_3_] May 17th 13 11:32 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...round_History/

--
Ukip - Breaking the fungus of British politics

Recliner[_2_] May 17th 13 11:33 AM

TV Alert - The Tube: An Underground History (BBC2 tomorrow at 9PM)

On Fri, 17 May 2013 04:27:59 -0700 (PDT), Offramp
wrote:

The Times preview said that there were some fascinating details such as that Piccadilly Line stations all have different tile-work and why.

I missed the programme. So now I will never know.

Isn't it on iPlayer? And even if not, it's bound to be repeated.

The programme was worth watching, but didn't really contain any new
information for those of us with an interest in the Tube.

Offramp May 24th 13 11:23 AM

TV Alert - The Tube: An Underground History (BBC2 tomorrow at 9PM)

I player is about as much use as Jimmy Savile on the set of Annie LOROL.

contrex May 25th 13 08:26 PM

On Friday, 24 May 2013 12:23:12 UTC+1, Offramp wrote:
I player is about as much use as Jimmy Savile on the set of Annie LOROL.

I just got that programme using Bit Torrent - 720p HD as well.

Offramp May 26th 13 09:35 AM

TV Alert - The Tube: An Underground History (BBC2 tomorrow at 9PM)

My Spectrum won't take that kind of pressure.