Old July 15th 13, 09:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Eynsford in Kent is a pretty little village

On Sat, 13 Jul 2013 16:05:24 +0100
Paul Corfield wrote:
Well the British pub is somewhat under threat these days - partly due
to the smoking ban, partly due to high prices, partly due to horrible
"theme" pubs.

Allowing underaged brats into pubs so they can run around and scream their
heads off hasn't helped either.

London is much more cosmopolitan than it was 20 years ago. There is a
much more mixed population so perhaps no surprise if it feels a little
less British than in times past. Watching old TV series or looking at
photos from the 70s or 80s shows a different world.

A *little* less british? It doesn't feel british at all - its a ****ing
multi culti zoo. Or for brainwashed followers of the Liberal Religion its a
rainbow diversity paradise that should be "celebrated".

Walk down any high street in the london suburbs today and count how often you
hear english spoken.

--
Spud

Old July 15th 13, 02:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 14:43:12 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 13:02:45 on Mon, 15 Jul
Too bad. There are plenty of alternative cafes and coffee shops they can take
the little darlings too instead of inflicting them on people who want to relax
and have some adult conversation.

You appear to be assuming that all children run around and scream their
heads off. That's simply not the case.

I don't care. I don't see want to see or hear children when I'm in a pub. But
if they must be there then presumably it would be ok for me and my friends to
go sit in a kids playground and drink?

--
Spud

Old July 15th 13, 06:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at
19:00:18 on Mon, 15 Jul 2013, Arthur Figgis
remarked:
You appear to be assuming that all children run around and scream their
heads off. That's simply not the case.

I don't care. I don't see want to see or hear children when I'm in a pub.

Why would you hear quiet children, and why would the sight of them
sitting quietly at a table be an issue.

Kids can also be an issue if people object to the sort of conversations
which have gone on in pubs since more or less forever, still going on
when there are ickle kiddies present.

Those conversations may happen in some pubs, but by no means all pubs,
especially those which are in effect restaurants with a bar attached,
the ones a family might want to visit.

Old July 16th 13, 09:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 09:06:21 on Tue, 16 Jul
2013, d remarked:
Why would you hear quiet children, and why would the sight of them
sitting quietly at a table be an issue.

Children are never quiet unless they're asleep and how likely is that in
a pub?

Actually, the first time I was refused entry to a pub-restaurant with a
child, it was about a week old and fast asleep.

They're always squawking or shouting or screaming.

Nonsense.

I have no problem with that, as long as you use plastic cups/bottles
(and thus don't risk leaving broken glass around). You might want to
moderate your language, in the same way that I expect children in a pub
to behave.

As others have said - the language might be an issue in a pub if kids are
present. The fact that they've brought their kids to an adult establishment
seems to be lost on a lot of parents but then baby brain seems to affect
men and women alike these days.

I'm bit more optimistic that pubs aren't always full of bigoted old men
swearing and mouthing off about how immigrants should be sent back to
the jungle where they belong. In fact, I haven't heard either in a pub
for years. (But I did hear exactly that on the platform waiting for a
train, a couple of months ago).

Eynsford in Kent is a pretty little village [email protected] London Transport 0 August 16th 13 05:26 PM
Eynsford in Kent is a pretty little village Roy London Transport 4 July 17th 13 01:08 AM
Eynsford in Kent is a pretty little village Offramp London Transport 0 July 13th 13 05:37 PM
pretty girl!! No Name London Transport 0 June 14th 08 11:45 PM
Kew Village Forum Christopher London Transport 0 January 6th 04 02:32 PM