Old July 20th 13, 07:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Kicks on route 76

Was it my imagination or did I see a Routemaster (old model that is) in
service today on the 76 route near my house?

E.

Old July 20th 13, 10:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 20:40:28 +0100, eastender
wrote:

Was it my imagination or did I see a Routemaster (old model that is) in
service today on the 76 route near my house?

No imagination. It was the centenary of the route and of Tottenham
Garage today. Various special vehicles ran over the route including
RMs, FRM1, a NS, a G, a RTL and 2 RTWs.

Some photos from the Tottenham end of things. I did not see or snap
every special vehicle that was out and about.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24759744@N02/?details=1

Gosh! I saw the NS (forget where) and an open top RM by the Bank of England
while cycling from Liverpool St to Waterloo late this morning. I also saw
what I guess was a regular 76.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old July 21st 13, 10:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Was it my imagination or did I see a Routemaster (old model that is) in
service today on the 76 route near my house?

No imagination. It was the centenary of the route and of Tottenham
Garage today. Various special vehicles ran over the route including
RMs, FRM1, a NS, a G, a RTL and 2 RTWs.

Some photos from the Tottenham end of things. I did not see or snap
every special vehicle that was out and about.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24759744@N02/?details=1

Thanks for the pics.

Shame we didn't see any publicity about this as I would have taken the
kids for a ride or two.

E.

Old July 21st 13, 10:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Was it my imagination or did I see a Routemaster (old model that is) in
service today on the 76 route near my house?

No imagination. It was the centenary of the route and of Tottenham
Garage today. Various special vehicles ran over the route including
RMs, FRM1, a NS, a G, a RTL and 2 RTWs.

Some photos from the Tottenham end of things. I did not see or snap
every special vehicle that was out and about.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24759744@N02/?details=1

Thanks for the pics.

Shame we didn't see any publicity about this as I would have taken the
kids for a ride or two.

E.

I agree. I was up in Oysterland yesterday and would have loved to have
seen this.

Old July 21st 13, 10:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Was it my imagination or did I see a Routemaster (old model that is) in
service today on the 76 route near my house?

No imagination. It was the centenary of the route and of Tottenham
Garage today. Various special vehicles ran over the route including
RMs, FRM1, a NS, a G, a RTL and 2 RTWs.

Some photos from the Tottenham end of things. I did not see or snap
every special vehicle that was out and about.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24759744@N02/?details=1

Thanks for the pics.

Shame we didn't see any publicity about this as I would have taken the
kids for a ride or two.

E.

I agree. I was up in Oysterland yesterday and would have loved to have
seen this.

I also saw a 19 bus that was using white letters, rather than yellow, on
a black background. This also was not a Boris bus, mind you.

Old July 21st 13, 04:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 21/07/2013 14:14, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 13:14:56 +0100, Arthur Figgis
wrote:

On 21/07/2013 11:36, wrote:

I also saw a 19 bus that was using white letters, rather than yellow, on
a black background. This also was not a Boris bus, mind you.

I'm not imagining this, am I? Bus destination blinds really are changing
colour? I saw a bus the other day which looked odd, and it took me a
while to figure out what was "wrong".

There is a progressive programme to swap the blinds to white on black
from yellow on black. I don't really understand *why* it has been
done. Some people have suggested "nostalgia" as the reason given
white on black is used on the NB4L.

New buses delivered for new contracts have to have white on black
(wob) blinds now. Buses that are refurbished for new contract terms
will also get new wob blinds.

Other blinds will only swap over if the operator needs, for some
reason, to put a new blindset in some or all of its vehicles. For
example some newish buses at Leyton garage have recently gained new
wob blinds in advance of a new contract at the garage for a different
route but using similar buses. Putting the new blind set in gives
Stagecoach flexibility to use these vehicles on the new route as well
as the new buses that will be delivered soon.

So, TfL is gradually phasing them in, it would appear.
Old July 21st 13, 04:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Was it my imagination or did I see a Routemaster (old model that is) in
service today on the 76 route near my house?

No imagination. It was the centenary of the route and of Tottenham
Garage today. Various special vehicles ran over the route including
RMs, FRM1, a NS, a G, a RTL and 2 RTWs.

Some photos from the Tottenham end of things. I did not see or snap
every special vehicle that was out and about.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24759744@N02/?details=1

Thanks for the pics.

Shame we didn't see any publicity about this as I would have taken the
kids for a ride or two.

The LOTS news page always lists running days.

http://www.lots.org.uk/news.html (see at the bottom of the page).

Metroline have open days at Holloway and Willesden Garage soon plus
vintage buses running.

Metrobus are opening all three of their depots in September and
preserved buses will provide shuttle services between them.

Arriva London had info on their website. The IanVisits website also
had an entry about the garage centenary and he sent out a tweet.

http://www.ianvisits.co.uk/calendar/...month=7&day=20

The 1938 Stock red train is running today on the Northern Line and the
Picc Line. Unfortunately tickets are all sold out.

It leaves Cockfosters at 1726 as it heads to Ealing Broadway so will
be at Caledonian Road at about 1745.

What is the train's number?

Old July 21st 13, 05:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Was it my imagination or did I see a Routemaster (old model that is) in
service today on the 76 route near my house?

No imagination. It was the centenary of the route and of Tottenham
Garage today. Various special vehicles ran over the route including
RMs, FRM1, a NS, a G, a RTL and 2 RTWs.

Some photos from the Tottenham end of things. I did not see or snap
every special vehicle that was out and about.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24759744@N02/?details=1

--
Paul C

Among them an RTL with a route number box; not something you see (or ever
saw) every day!