Old July 21st 13, 06:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Kicks on route 76

On 21/07/2013 18:40, Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 21/07/2013 14:14, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 13:14:56 +0100, Arthur Figgis
wrote:

On 21/07/2013 11:36, wrote:

I also saw a 19 bus that was using white letters, rather than yellow, on
a black background. This also was not a Boris bus, mind you.

I'm not imagining this, am I? Bus destination blinds really are changing
colour? I saw a bus the other day which looked odd, and it took me a
while to figure out what was "wrong".

There is a progressive programme to swap the blinds to white on black
from yellow on black. I don't really understand *why* it has been
done.

Thanks. My money is on Boris getting backhanders from Big Blind
corporations

I've also noticed a few more blinds showing odd things of late, but that
could be random. I know enough to think "hmm, there aren't usually any
buses to Putney from here, I'll ask the driver whether he is really going
to Crystal Palace", but a lot of people stood back, even when the driver
tried to convince them there was a problem.

I was watching a number 84 (St Albans to New Barnet) today when something
very odd happened. These buses have an orange LED destination display[1]
(which, incidentally, becomes wholly invisible in bright sunlight, but as
it was overcast this morning it was still legible). As I watched, the
route number and destination scrolled off to be replaced by a message
saying something like "Contact us at Twitter at this address . . .".

Another bright idea!

[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hertfordshire_bus_route_84

JP

Old July 21st 13, 10:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 21/07/2013 18:25, Graham Harrison wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 20:40:28 +0100, eastender
wrote:

Was it my imagination or did I see a Routemaster (old model that is) in
service today on the 76 route near my house?

No imagination. It was the centenary of the route and of Tottenham
Garage today. Various special vehicles ran over the route including
RMs, FRM1, a NS, a G, a RTL and 2 RTWs.

Some photos from the Tottenham end of things. I did not see or snap
every special vehicle that was out and about.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24759744@N02/?details=1

--
Paul C

Among them an RTL with a route number box; not something you see (or
ever saw) every day!

I wonder how many civilians were completely and totally oblivious to the
fact that they were different busses, as was the case with the 38ts at
Camden Town.
Old July 22nd 13, 01:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message

wrote:

Was it my imagination or did I see a Routemaster (old model that is) in
service today on the 76 route near my house?

No imagination. It was the centenary of the route and of Tottenham
Garage today. Various special vehicles ran over the route including
RMs, FRM1, a NS, a G, a RTL and 2 RTWs.

Some photos from the Tottenham end of things. I did not see or snap
every special vehicle that was out and about.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24759744@N02/?details=1

Among them an RTL with a route number box; not something you see (or
ever saw) every day!

There were a few due to body swaps. I remember seeing one very
occasionally
in the 1960s or 70s.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

The odd ones that did always caused a stir in the bus spotting community
(who me?).

Old July 23rd 13, 06:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2013-07-22 01:15:21 +0000, Graham Harrison said:

wrote in message

wrote:

Was it my imagination or did I see a Routemaster (old model that is) in
service today on the 76 route near my house?

No imagination. It was the centenary of the route and of Tottenham
Garage today. Various special vehicles ran over the route including
RMs, FRM1, a NS, a G, a RTL and 2 RTWs.

Some photos from the Tottenham end of things. I did not see or snap
every special vehicle that was out and about.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24759744@N02/?details=1

Among them an RTL with a route number box; not something you see (or
ever saw) every day!

There were a few due to body swaps. I remember seeing one very occasionally
in the 1960s or 70s.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

The odd ones that did always caused a stir in the bus spotting
community (who me?).

Used to get one fairly often on the 41s, even though it was in theory all-RM.