Old January 30th 04, 12:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default THE GLOBAL FUEL CRISIS

THE GLOBAL FUEL CRISIS:

The greatest crisis that civilisation has ever faced is also one of
the best-kept secrets of our time. The American, British, Russian, and
various European governments, have consistently downplayed, concealed
and lied about the global fuel crisis.

Put simply, it is now almost impossible to produce oil and gas at a
rate that can meet the enormous and growing demands of major Western
cities. Consumption of electricity and fossil fuel is higher than ever
before and shows no sign of falling.

This may at first sound like an environmental problem, or a problem
for big business. It is not. Niether is it a call for you to save
energy: it probably wouldn't make any difference now. The fuel crisis
is our problem: yours and mine. A global population of the present
size cannot be sustained and drastic changes are inevitable.

POWER CUTS:

If you live in a city then you could find yourself without food,
water, electricity, transport, heat, or light at any moment and for
any length of time. (Could this be the real reason why Americans are
being urged to stockpile water, food and batteries? Certainly it seems
like a good idea given the uncertainty and the extent of the fuel
crisis: it is far more likely to effect Americans than any terrorist
attack, no matter how large.)

Western governments including the United States and Britain already
have been forced to use fuel from huge emergency stockpiles held in
secret locations. But they have been powerless to prevent the first
huge city power outages which struck the New York; then London;
followed by similar city power outages in Denmark and Sweden; and then
Italy, Switzerland, Austria and France. The effects only lasted a few
hours, but each case was the biggest power failure in the history of
the affected country. These massive power cuts were separated by a
matter of days. The governments were only practicing this time. This
is just the beginning."

http://www.theinsider.org/mailing/article.asp?id=0423

This is more serious than just a lack of light or TV for a couple of
hours, or a few days with no fuel for your car in the pumps. The
shockwaves of the secret global fuel crisis could begin dismantling
civilisation as we know it not in 50 or 100 years but right now, long
before fuel supplies actually start to run out. There is no quick fix,
no solution, no viable alternative fuel that we can switch our cities
on to. It is not that there is no fuel left: we may not face that
problem for another few decades (although when it happens there will
be little that we can do.) The problem today is that the rate at which
we consume oil and gas threatens to exceed the available rate of
supply. At peak times and under certain conditions the supply is
already unable to meet the demand. This shocking fact is not publicly
acknowledged by any major Western government. It is a very closely
guarded secret indeed.

The effect of the supply-demand imbalance is the same as if the oil
and gas reserves were actually running out: civilisation as we know it
cannot exist without fuel.

There are signs in abundance that something is seriously wrong.
Various, often contradictory official reasons are being given. Is
there more to the headlines than meets the eye?

INTERNATIONAL POWER CUTS CHAOS:

US & Canada Power Cut Chaos:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/3152903.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3152985.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3152687.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/...ry/3152591.stm

Britain Power Cut Chaos:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3155081.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...es/3191761.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/3154001.stm

Northern Irelan Power Cut Chaos:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/3292763.stm

Italy & Switzerland Power Cut Chaos:

Denmark & Sweden Power Cut Chaos:

Georgia Power Cut Chaos:

CONTINUING FUEL AND ENERGY PRICE RISES:

CALIFORNIAN ENERGY CRISIS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3133635.stm

NEW TRAFFIC CHARGES
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/3362683.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3401023.stm
(The UK is just the testbed. The US & Europe are next.)

UK FUEL CRISIS:
http://theinsider.org/mailing/article.asp?id=449
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3144368.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/3238897.stm

UK FUEL PRICES:

VENEZUELA OIL EXPORT CRISIS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/2693183.stm

OIL-PRICE RISES IN MAJOR OIL-COUNTRIES:

"Iraqis are suffering such a serious fuel shortage they will have to
get emergency imports, even though their country has the world's
second largest oil reserves."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/3017277.stm

Nigeria: ""The government is just trying to trick us," a despondent
taxi driver told the BBC while standing in a one hour long queue for
fuel in Lagos."

THE OIL WARS:
http://www.thedebate.org/

On their own these issues look suspicious at best. The official
cover-stories just do not add up. Multiple explanations contradict
eachother. Together these problems raise the spectre of a secret
global energy crisis and this is just the beginning.

Warnings have been and will be found in the widespread powercuts that
have already begun to plague Western cities. For many decades such
large-scale powercuts have been unheard of. Now powercut after
powercut has effected the West's most prolific users of electrical
power, again and again and will continue to do so over the next
decade.

Warnings were to be found in the Afghanistan oil war. They were to be
found in the Iraq oil war. They will be found in the Iran, Syria and
Saudi Arabia oil wars to come:

[ http://www.thedebate.org/ ]

Oil: Thirty years of turmoil:

Dwindling supplies of natural hydrocarbon fuels are forcing an
acceleration in the process of globalising oil-producing
Middle-Eastern countries like Iraq, Syria and Iran. This forced
globalisation is being delivered by the use of military force.
Military force has also been used to secure Afghanistan, which enabled
the building of the vital Centgas Caspian Sea oil pipeline.

(Can UK participation in the oil-wars be explained by the hidden
extent ot the fuel crisis?)

http://theinsider.org/mailing/article.asp?id=449

The latest report on Syria from the US Energy Information
Administration states that Syria's oil production peaked in 1996, and
that they could become a net importer by 2005. How many oil producing
economies have a similar profile?

THEY ALL DO:

http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/syria.html

http://www.hubbertpeak.com/nations/

http://www.oilcrisis.com

At the very least the West should expect further restrictions & price
increases for fuel and for activities which use fuel, such as motoring
and the consumption of electrity:

"Is the UK about to run out of cheap natural gas supplies?"

"Gas is the UK's main source of electricity generation, with 39% of
the market, compared to a share of less than 1% in 1990, according to
official industry figures. The UK is now the world's third largest
consumer of natural gas, after the US and Russia."

"In a few years time, when the life blood of Western civilization is
no longer readily available, it will be to late to adapt. The strong
nations will take fuel from the weak nations in a futile final
struggle for survival. But the writing is on the wall, and the
collapse of civilization as we know it is inevitable. The oil wars
have already begun." (Acheson Intelligence Group).

WHY NOT JUST CONVERT TO RENEWABLE ENERGY?

When oil and gas cease to be a feasible source of energy we cannot
just convert to renewable fuels like wind and hydrogen. There is no
converter-kit that would enable your car to run on hydrogen. There is
no magic converter-kit for power stations either: if it was simple to
convert then we would all have converted long ago. There are
insummountable obstacles to the widespread use of renewable energy as
an alternative to oil and gas.

To produce sufficient wind or tidal-generated electricity to replace
oil and gas fuel we would need to replace our cities, fields and
planes with wind farms and our coastal towns and harbours with tidal
powerstations. We would need to pave the deserts with solar panels.
Trillions upon trillions of new generation units would need to be
built, installed and connected to power grids. This would be
impossibly expensive and would take up too much room.

As supply increasingly outweighs demand, the price of oil rises,
inflating the profits of those who hold and sell it. The oil companies
whose income relies on the oil trade, the oil price and the global
demand for oil, have prevented any real progress in the search for
alternative fuels. They have blocked serious attempts to replace their
product in both the political and the scientific arenas.

These are the organisations that fund Western leaders like President
George W Bush. They command enormous wealth, power and influence.

Oil & The Bush Cabinet:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/wor...00/1138009.stm

Bush & Big Business
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/wor...00/1306777.stm

In addition to political funding the oil corporations also provide
more funding (and hence control) of energy research, than anybody else
could or would contemplate: they have no choice. Without total control
over the alternatives to their core product they would go out of
business. Currently no alternative power can be produced without
impossible cost and effort. This is largely a result of the
oil-corporations' monopoly, control and hidden restrictions on serious
research.

THE SOLUTION:

There is no obvious solution. There are just too many people using too
much power too fast and it may already be too late: we cannot be
certain because of the secrecy that surrounds the global fuel crisis
in most Western countries. The military takeover of oilcountries may
reduce the impact of the crisis in the medium-term, at the cost of
increased violence and instability. But the inevitable damage to the
oil-infrastructure of the countries we attack means that oil-war is no
quick fix. The continuing growth of fuel consuption, compounded by the
fact that fuel will one day run out, means that there can be no
long-term solution. Other than a drastic cull of the population in the
civilised world, shutting down the machinery of civilisation and
forcing the survivors to farm their own food, there is no sure way to
preserve civilisaion as we know it. (These measures would be unlikely
to go down well with voters. Perhaps such measures should be carried
out by governments in secret, using a series of disease outbreaks for
example. Perhaps governments have already considered such measures.)

Those within government and the fuel industry who are aware of the
problem would only damage their own interests by addressing the
problem and making a genuine attempt to reduce our dependance on
fossil fuels. The oil companies cannot just stop their drive for
profits: Shareholders would revolt; companies would collapse.
Politicians cannot act either because they rely on the oil
corporations for a very large portion of their funding. It is not just
the oil industry that is forced to resist efforts to address the
crisis. Many other industries - notably the energy and transport
industries - could not survive emergency measures like massive
price-increases, which could otherwise be our only hope of preventing
the global fuel crisis. Now it is too late.

WHAT CAN YOU DO?

Not much unfortunately. It may be prudent to stockpile bottled water,
tinned foods, batteries, torches and blankets. But how much? Enough
for a week or enough for your grandchildren? Nobody can be sure when
or where the next power outages will occur, or how long they will
last, because the truth is being distorted and concealed. (Perhaps
this could be likened to wartime propaganda designed to prevent
mass-hysteria.) Cutting our consumption of fuel and power may not now
improve the fuel crisis. Unless you are interested in preserving the
environment one could argue that you should enjoy the privelage of
fuel and power consumption while you still can. Above all it is
important that the world be made aware. Now you are aware and you can
choose to make others aware. Be ready and help others to become ready.
The secret global fuel crisis is a grave reality. Preparedness and the
truth may be all we have.

ACHESON INTELLIGENCE GROUP