London Banter

-   -   London streetview quiz (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13601-london-streetview-quiz.html)

Basil Jet[_3_] August 23rd 13 10:53 PM

London streetview quiz

Note that you can pan around and even move rather than just stare at the
view they give.

http://toys.usvsth3m.com/london/

Offramp August 24th 13 04:39 AM

London streetview quiz

On Friday, 23 August 2013 23:53:56 UTC+1, Basil Jet wrote:
Note that you can pan around and even move rather than just stare at the

view they give.

http://toys.usvsth3m.com/london/

It's quite a lot of fun! Some were very hard...

Ken Wheatley August 24th 13 09:31 AM

London streetview quiz

On 2013-08-23 22:53:56 +0000, Basil Jet said:

Note that you can pan around and even move rather than just stare at
the view they give.

http://toys.usvsth3m.com/london/

7. I was quite pleased with that. Not sure about Millbank, though.

eastender[_4_] August 24th 13 10:54 AM

London streetview quiz

On 2013-08-23 22:53:56 +0000, Basil Jet said:

Note that you can pan around and even move rather than just stare at
the view they give.

http://toys.usvsth3m.com/london/

7. I was quite pleased with that. Not sure about Millbank, though.

7 too. Real Greek a real giveaway.

They do a quiz for guessing house prices - got 7 more of less right in
that too.

http://toys.usvsth3m.com/howmuchisthathouse/

E.

Spyke August 24th 13 11:00 AM

London streetview quiz

On 2013-08-23 22:53:56 +0000, Basil Jet said:

Note that you can pan around and even move rather than just stare at
the view they give.

http://toys.usvsth3m.com/london/

7. I was quite pleased with that. Not sure about Millbank, though.

7 too. Real Greek a real giveaway.

You get different locations each time you play it, I think they must be
randomly selected from a map (which is why you sometimes get views with
street or station signs, which are a dead giveaway).

eastender[_4_] August 24th 13 11:04 AM

London streetview quiz

On 2013-08-24 11:00:08 +0000, Spyke said:

You get different locations each time you play it,

Argh don't say that I'll be back to waste more timeā€¦

E.

Basil Jet[_3_] August 24th 13 12:33 PM

London streetview quiz

On 2013-08-23 22:53:56 +0000, Basil Jet said:

Note that you can pan around and even move rather than just stare at
the view they give.

http://toys.usvsth3m.com/london/

7. I was quite pleased with that. Not sure about Millbank, though.

7 too. Real Greek a real giveaway.

You get different locations each time you play it, I think they must be
randomly selected from a map (which is why you sometimes get views with
street or station signs, which are a dead giveaway).

They are far from random though, I've been inches from the New Den
twice, and inches from the Neasden Hindu temple twice as well. But some
of them are impossibly obscure culs-de-sac with no notable buildings, so
they aren't just harvesting co-ordinates from wikipedia either. Maybe
80% are coordinates harvested from wikipedia and the other 20% are
genuinely random points.

Offramp August 24th 13 01:33 PM

London streetview quiz

That's very good. I got all ten but I totally cheated by googling street names and wandering around for about a mile. I reckon I would've got 7 without cheating.

Mind you, at least I realised it was different every time.

Richard J.[_3_] August 26th 13 11:05 PM

London streetview quiz

Basil Jet wrote on 23 August 2013 23:53:56 ...

Note that you can pan around and even move rather than just stare at the
view they give.

http://toys.usvsth3m.com/london/

It gave me a photo of Exhibition Road, South Kensington, SW7, for which
the correct answer was "Belgravia". At that point I lost interest in
this quiz.
--
Richard J.

Piatkow August 26th 13 11:36 PM

London streetview quiz

Some very broad definitions of "near" which caught me out a couple of times.

got 7 three times and 8 once. Must log off!