Old August 27th 13, 02:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New platform at Blake Hall?

On 2013\08\27 15:31, eastender wrote:

In the 1980s I joined a media company. I'd been there a month or so, and
one day I went to the gents and the CEO was in there. He turned to me
and said, 'Who the f**k are you?'

Are you male or female?

Old August 27th 13, 04:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2013-08-27 14:34:17 +0000, Basil Jet said:

On 2013\08\27 15:31, eastender wrote:

In the 1980s I joined a media company. I'd been there a month or so, and
one day I went to the gents and the CEO was in there. He turned to me
and said, 'Who the f**k are you?'

Are you male or female?

In those days the gents weren't unisex.

Old August 27th 13, 06:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at
10:46:16 on Tue, 27 Aug 2013, DRH remarked:
keep the staff at arms
length. It's not a modern thing - iirc ICI used to have three different
'staff canteens' for different grades of staff (a generation ago).

And then there were the famous lavatories at London Transport (55 Broadway) for the three sexes ... Men, Women and Officers.

It's ingrained from an early age. Most schools have different toilets
for staff and pupils, and even some FE colleges I've been to.

Old August 28th 13, 02:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Basil Jet" wrote in message
On 2013\08\27 15:31, eastender wrote:

In the 1980s I joined a media company. I'd been there a month or so, and
one day I went to the gents and the CEO was in there. He turned to me
and said, 'Who the f**k are you?'

Are you male or female?

With a name like Basil Jet, I'd say you had more right to be there than him.

--
Brian

Old August 28th 13, 03:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2013-08-28 14:31:19 +0000, Brian Watson said:

"Basil Jet" wrote in message
On 2013\08\27 15:31, eastender wrote:

In the 1980s I joined a media company. I'd been there a month or so, and
one day I went to the gents and the CEO was in there. He turned to me
and said, 'Who the f**k are you?'

Are you male or female?

With a name like Basil Jet, I'd say you had more right to be there than him.

My real name is Percy Porcelain.

Old August 28th 13, 07:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In uk.transport.london message a9e50890-a4c3-452a-8cd3-689c9e913712@goo
glegroups.com, Tue, 27 Aug 2013 10:46:16, DRH
posted:

And then there were the famous lavatories at London Transport (55
Broadway) for the three sexes ... Men, Women and Officers.

When in Norway, we saw a Church in the middle of a field. Nearby was a
hut with three labelled doors, which were translated to me as indicating
Ladies, Gentlemen, and Clergy.

--
(c) John Stockton, nr London UK. Mail, see homepage. DOS 3.3, 6.20; WinXP, 7.
Web http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - FAQqish topics, acronyms & links.