London Banter

-   -   TfL consults on all TfL bus services going cashless (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13606-tfl-consults-all-tfl-bus.html)

David Cantrell August 29th 13 03:31 PM

TfL consults on all TfL bus services going cashless

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 10:16:07PM +0000, Neil Williams wrote:

One idea that might help would be for Tube ticket machines to be able to
issue bus single and day tickets for cash. But that's not a lot of help at
3am when you've lost your Oyster card but have a bit of emergency cash, and
unlike other modes of transport you couldn't choose to sneak on and risk
the (unlikely in the early hours I'd think) possible penalty fare.

It's also no good if you're in an area with no tube stations.

--
David Cantrell | Godless Liberal Elitist

People from my sort of background needed grammar schools to
compete with children from privileged homes like ... Tony Benn
-- Margaret Thatcher