London Banter

-   -   Worrying Central Line incident (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13609-worrying-central-line-incident.html)

Basil Jet[_3_] August 29th 13 07:00 PM

Worrying Central Line incident

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...ef=mostpopular

eastender[_4_] August 29th 13 08:41 PM

Worrying Central Line incident

On 2013-08-29 19:00:44 +0000, Basil Jet said:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...ef=mostpopular

The second smoke related evac in a few days - the other on Southeastern:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...t-8786224.html

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/10...ng _problems/

E.

[email protected] August 29th 13 08:48 PM

On 29/08/2013 20:00, Basil Jet wrote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...ef=mostpopular

I saw that. It struck as incredible that some people didn't even know
how to press a button.

Graham Harrison[_2_] August 29th 13 10:05 PM

"Basil Jet" wrote in message

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...ef=mostpopular

Watching the video I don't think anyone comes out of it very well. Quite
why the camera operator kept filming instead of evacuating I don't know.
The staff appear (stress - appear) to be running around not really knowing
what to do. And what the woman who climbed out thought she was going to
achieve is beyond me.

Richard J.[_3_] August 29th 13 11:13 PM

Worrying Central Line incident

wrote on 29 August 2013
21:48:26 ...
On 29/08/2013 20:00, Basil Jet wrote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...ef=mostpopular

I saw that. It struck as incredible that some people didn't even know
how to press a button.

Which button are you referring to?
--
Richard J.

Brian Watson[_2_] August 30th 13 03:33 PM

"Graham Harrison" wrote in message

Watching the video I don't think anyone comes out of it very well. Quite
why the camera operator kept filming instead of evacuating I don't know.

Well, it's rather a good job he did, because it provides evidence of what
happened and how people responded.

The staff appear (stress - appear) to be running around not really knowing
what to do. And what the woman who climbed out thought she was going to
achieve is beyond me.

She was on a train that she believed was on fire (apparently) and the doors
were jammed shut.

What would you have done, I wonder?

--
Brian

Recliner[_2_] August 30th 13 03:35 PM

"Brian Watson" wrote:
"Graham Harrison" wrote in message

Watching the video I don't think anyone comes out of it very well. Quite
why the camera operator kept filming instead of evacuating I don't know.

Well, it's rather a good job he did, because it provides evidence of what
happened and how people responded.

The staff appear (stress - appear) to be running around not really knowing
what to do. And what the woman who climbed out thought she was going to
achieve is beyond me.

She was on a train that she believed was on fire (apparently) and the doors
were jammed shut.

What would you have done, I wonder?

Ironically, they were 'jammed shut' as a safety precaution, as the train
was partly in tunnel.

[email protected] August 30th 13 08:41 PM

Worrying Central Line incident

On 30/08/2013 00:13, Richard J. wrote:
wrote on 29 August 2013
21:48:26 ...
On 29/08/2013 20:00, Basil Jet wrote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...ef=mostpopular

I saw that. It struck as incredible that some people didn't even know
how to press a button.

Which button are you referring to?

The power supply button on the near wall in the station. Two girls were
pushing it without lifting the cover.

[email protected] August 30th 13 08:42 PM

On 29/08/2013 23:05, Graham Harrison wrote:

"Basil Jet" wrote in message

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...ef=mostpopular

Watching the video I don't think anyone comes out of it very well.
Quite why the camera operator kept filming instead of evacuating I don't
know. The staff appear (stress - appear) to be running around not really
knowing what to do. And what the woman who climbed out thought she was
going to achieve is beyond me.

Panicked, she was. Just because of a strong smell from the brakes.

[email protected] August 30th 13 08:43 PM

On 30/08/2013 16:33, Brian Watson wrote:
"Graham Harrison" wrote in message

Watching the video I don't think anyone comes out of it very well. Quite
why the camera operator kept filming instead of evacuating I don't know.

Well, it's rather a good job he did, because it provides evidence of what
happened and how people responded.

The staff appear (stress - appear) to be running around not really knowing
what to do. And what the woman who climbed out thought she was going to
achieve is beyond me.

She was on a train that she believed was on fire (apparently) and the doors
were jammed shut.

What would you have done, I wonder?

Where's the manual override on the 92ts, BTW?