London Banter

-   -   Mail Rail (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13659-mail-rail.html)

Someone Somewhere October 15th 13 01:14 PM

Mail Rail

Looks like a tiny bit of it will be opening to the public as part of the
new mail museum at Mount Pleasant.

See:
http://www.ianvisits.co.uk/blog/2013...to-the-public/

Feel free to start speculation about extensions and other uses....

eastender[_4_] October 15th 13 01:38 PM

Mail Rail

On 2013-10-15 13:14:40 +0000, Someone Somewhere said:

Looks like a tiny bit of it will be opening to the public as part of
the new mail museum at Mount Pleasant.

See:
http://www.ianvisits.co.uk/blog/2013...to-the-public/

Feel free to start speculation about extensions and other uses....

It's part of privatisation - unwittingly to show how a decent
nationalised industry should be run.

E.

Roland Perry October 15th 13 01:48 PM

Mail Rail

In message 2013101514382499968-nospam@nospamcom, at 14:38:24 on Tue,
15 Oct 2013, eastender remarked:
It's part of privatisation - unwittingly to show how a decent
nationalised industry should be run.

Royal Mail stopped being a "decent nationalised industry" about 25 years
ago.

eastender[_4_] October 15th 13 04:43 PM

Mail Rail

On 2013-10-15 13:48:46 +0000, Roland Perry said:

Royal Mail stopped being a "decent nationalised industry" about 25 years ago.

I've got a plan - let's privatise it and give instant million pound
gains to Osborne's hedge fund mates.

E.

[email protected] October 16th 13 07:24 PM

Mail Rail

On Tue, 15 Oct 2013 17:43:44 +0100
On 2013-10-15 13:48:46 +0000, Roland Perry said:

Royal Mail stopped being a "decent nationalised industry" about 25 years ago.

I've got a plan - let's privatise it and give instant million pound
gains to Osborne's hedge fund mates.

More like all the small investors who bought shares who made a few quid. And
why not?

Anyway , people forget BT used to be part of the Post Office and that hasn't
done too badly as a private company. If the phone system was still part of
the GPO we'd all still be using 56K modems for internet access. And you'd
probably have to rent them!

--
Spud

Recliner[_2_] October 16th 13 07:28 PM

Mail Rail

On 2013-10-15 13:48:46 +0000, Roland Perry said:

Royal Mail stopped being a "decent nationalised industry" about 25 years ago.

I've got a plan - let's privatise it and give instant million pound
gains to Osborne's hedge fund mates.

More like all the small investors who bought shares who made a few quid. And
why not?

Anyway , people forget BT used to be part of the Post Office and that hasn't
done too badly as a private company. If the phone system was still part of
the GPO we'd all still be using 56K modems for internet access. And you'd
probably have to rent them!

And you'd have to wait a year for the second phone line for the modem.