Old November 1st 13, 09:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Storm St Jude...

In article ,
() wrote:

In article ,
(Roland
Perry) wrote:

In message , at 13:13:57 on Sun, 27 Oct
2013, Mizter T remarked:
Sounds like it could get ugly.

Some TOCs are planning on running an amended timetable (East Coast,
c2c), others have one up their sleeves, ready to go (or not go, as the
case may be).

This afternoon might be a good time to go out and enjoy the splendid
autumn colours - in southern Britain at least - might not have any
autumnal leaves left on the trees come tomorrow, indeed might have
fewer trees as well.

I agree. I remember the 1987 storm, and the smaller one in Jan 1990
which was actually more of an inconvenience (both for my personal
transport needs and for domestic electricity supply).

Like 1990, this one is apparently going to be in the daytime, which
makes it more disruptive than the 1987 one which was at night.

Not exactly. The rain is forecast to start at 22:00 tonight and go on
until 05:00.

I've changed my plans and will be doing some errands this evening
that were pencilled in for Monday morning, and stay at home
tomorrow.

Greater Anglia have said they will run no services before 9 in the
morning. Southern have said no Gatwick Express service until they
know the line is clear.

Oops! CIX had problems with posting to Giganews which have only just been
resolved. Sorry about a number of very delayed postings.

--
Colin Rosenstiel