London Banter

-   -   Exit 4 Bank Station (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13726-exit-4-bank-station.html)

[email protected] January 5th 14 03:59 PM

Exit 4 Bank Station

This exit (which comes out on the Cornhill side of the Royal Exchange) seems to have been closed for ages now, at least a year I would guess.

Does anyone know what's happening with it?

Patrick

Aurora January 5th 14 05:37 PM

Exit 4 Bank Station

On Sun, 5 Jan 2014 08:59:35 -0800 (PST), wrote:

This exit (which comes out on the Cornhill side of the Royal Exchange) seems to have been closed for ages now, at least a year I would guess.

Does anyone know what's happening with it?

No Patrick, but do not hold your breath. The Lisle Street exit from
Leicester Square Station has been closed for an age. Leicester Square
is a very busy station and this sort of long term closure is
dangerous.
--

http://www.991fmtalk.com/ The DMZ in Reno

Basil Jet[_3_] January 5th 14 06:33 PM

Exit 4 Bank Station

On 2014\01\05 18:37, Aurora wrote:

The Lisle Street exit from
Leicester Square Station has been closed for an age.

I'm unaware of it... could you please show it in Streetview, or say
where it is?

Aurora January 5th 14 08:26 PM

Exit 4 Bank Station/Lisle Street

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 19:33:25 +0000, Basil Jet
wrote:

On 2014\01\05 18:37, Aurora wrote:

The Lisle Street exit from
Leicester Square Station has been closed for an age.

I'm unaware of it... could you please show it in Streetview, or say
where it is?

My bad, it was on the West side of Charing Cross Road, and the North
side of Little Newport Street (not Lisle Street), very handy it was
too. This was a small point of entry and egress, but usefully
positioned.

Eurochange is shown on the old "UndergrounD" awning. So I guess this
closure is permanent.

--

http://www.991fmtalk.com/ The DMZ in Reno