London Banter

-   -   Suicide (RIP) at Hanwell at 10.40 (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13738-suicide-rip-hanwell-10-40-a.html)

CJB January 22nd 14 10:44 AM

Suicide (RIP) at Hanwell at 10.40

Major disruption - as usual.

All London-bound Intercitys stopping at Hayes & Harlington, and pax being detrained there.

No replacement buses from Hayes to anywhere. Unacceptable.

All trains to/from Heathrow & Harlington halted - thousands missing flights.

Currently Connect blocking up relief at Southall.

Hanwell is one station without a suicide fence and never any platform staff.

CJB.

P.S. All trains to be diverted onto fast lines before Hanwell.

Recliner[_2_] January 22nd 14 11:33 AM

Suicide (RIP) at Hanwell at 10.40

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 03:44:03 -0800 (PST), CJB
wrote:

Major disruption - as usual.

All London-bound Intercitys stopping at Hayes & Harlington, and pax being detrained there.

No replacement buses from Hayes to anywhere. Unacceptable.

All trains to/from Heathrow & Harlington halted - thousands missing flights.

Currently Connect blocking up relief at Southall.

Hanwell is one station without a suicide fence and never any platform staff.

CJB.

P.S. All trains to be diverted onto fast lines before Hanwell.

The slightly ghoulish confirmation message from Forte Agent was,
"Successfully retrieved 1 body for uk.transport.london"

[email protected] January 22nd 14 04:51 PM

CJB wrote:
Major disruption - as usual.

All London-bound Intercitys stopping at Hayes & Harlington, and pax being
detrained there.

No replacement buses from Hayes to anywhere. Unacceptable.

Usual can't do/can't be arsed british approach to running public services.

If some jackass commits suicide then he/she has got their wish and is dead
so why should we care? Recover the body , hose the track down and restart the
trains. Could do it in 30 mins.

--
Spud

Michael R N Dolbear January 22nd 14 11:18 PM

Suicide (RIP) at Hanwell at 10.40

d wrote

If some jackass commits suicide then he/she has got their wish and is dead

so why should we care? Recover the body , hose the track down and restart
the
trains. Could do it in 30 mins.

Every 'suicide' has to be investigated in case it wasn't what it appears.

You will, I am sure, be pleased to know it's in what passes for the
all-Europe Bill of Rights and an item of the written part of the British
Constitution (ECHR art 2)

--
Mike D