Old March 6th 14, 10:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Brompton Road Tube station sold for £53m

On 06/03/2014 21:17, James Heaton wrote:

"Arthur Figgis" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 05/03/2014 08:55, Roland Perry wrote:

Even ones like the wartime museum along the road from the London
Dungeon?

I think that's now shut. The only good things I ever heard about it
were from people who were actually talking about the Cabinet War Rooms.

Seems to have closed in 2013, although some confusion on Trip Advisor -
latest review is 28-2-14

But "Visited March 2013".

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

Old March 6th 14, 11:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 06/03/2014 23:50, Arthur Figgis wrote:
[...]
Even ones like the wartime museum along the road from the London
Dungeon?

I think that's now shut. The only good things I ever heard about it
were from people who were actually talking about the Cabinet War Rooms.

Seems to have closed in 2013, although some confusion on Trip Advisor -
latest review is 28-2-14

But "Visited March 2013".

UIVMM it was closed as part of the London Bridge station redevelopment
works (Thameslink 2000 etc) - I think the building wot held it is maybe
to come down as part of that.
Old March 7th 14, 05:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

James Heaton wrote on 06 March 2014
21:17:48 ...

"Arthur Figgis" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 05/03/2014 08:55, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
,
at
02:03:36 on Wed, 5 Mar 2014, Recliner
remarked:

I was suggesting a museum, which would not have required ongoing
MOD-funded maintenance; and would generate on-going proceeds from the
conversion and subsequent visitors as well.

London museums don't generate any net income.

Even ones like the wartime museum along the road from the London Dungeon?

I think that's now shut. The only good things I ever heard about it were
from people who were actually talking about the Cabinet War Rooms.

Seems to have closed in 2013, although some confusion on Trip Advisor -
latest review is 28-2-14 and he's pretty clear it's not the Cabinet War
Rooms he's referring to.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attract...n_England.html

There is indeed confusion on Trip Advisor. There are about 17 reviews
of the Britain at War museum relating to visits after it closed in
January 2013. The Cabinet War Rooms are now part of the "Churchill War
Rooms", but TA has both listed, with the Cabinet War Rooms listed as a
restaurant! I've just reported this to Trip Advisor support.
--
Richard J.