Old March 1st 14, 01:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Brompton Road Tube station sold for £53m

In article ,
says...

In article ,
(Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at 19:29:08 on Fri, 28
Feb 2014,
d remarked:
It is now expected to be used for residential development.

Maybe they'll bring in an architect who normally does conversions of
other thin vertical things like lighthouses? Although of course there
will be a lack of light through most of the property.

I wonder how much of the sub surface station it includes if any? Can't
see much use for it for residential purposes and I can't underground
space like that going to waste. Perhaps it'll be hived off into 2 sales
- above ground and below ground?

The above-ground part will have to be several residences, because
even at London prices £53m for the site is a bit much for a single
residence.

The below-ground parts could be used for various things like swimming
pools, private cinemas and so on. There was a story in the papers
about a year ago about the rend for people to enlarge their houses by
digging down, anything up to four levels, so there's clearly some
demand for sub-surface space.

Anyone here know if the site has any other access than the front?

The only original facade remaining is down the side, in Cottage Place. The
Brompton Road frontage was cut back and replaced many years ago.

I would give a Google Street View reference if I could out how to do so in
the fiendish new version.

This worked for me

0.16903,3a,75y,153.2h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s4237YiPywy_B9dMCD6phfw!
2e0
Old March 1st 14, 01:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
[wake says...

In article ,
says...

In article ,
(Roland Perry)
wrote:

[...]

Enter into search box as whole thing from https: to 2e0, sorry don't
know how to make appear on here as a single line.
Old March 1st 14, 01:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 14:13:11
on Sat, 1 Mar 2014, Jim
remarked:
I would give a Google Street View reference if I could out how to do so in
the fiendish new version.

This worked for me

,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s4237YiPywy_B9dMCD6phfw!2e0

Although that's not a "short url". As far as I can see they seem to
[quite recently] want you to sign-in to get the benefit of short urls.

Meanwhile, back at the main plot, is that facade part of what has been
sold, or is it only the below-the-surface parts of the station?

Old March 1st 14, 01:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2014\03\01 12:46, wrote:

I would give a Google Street View reference if I could out
how to do so in the fiendish new version.

You just use the address box in your browser.

Old March 1st 14, 02:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Basil Jet) wrote:

On 2014\03\01 12:46,
wrote:

I would give a Google Street View reference if I could out
how to do so in the fiendish new version.

You just use the address box in your browser.

It was

ta=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1shLsXEh8claT4S7Ty-Iq0uw!2e0 but that's not the short URL
you used to be able to create. Try
http://snipurl.com/28n3wef if you can't
handle the line wrap.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old March 1st 14, 07:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Basil Jet" wrote in message

On 2014\03\01 12:46, wrote:

I would give a Google Street View reference if I could out
how to do so in the fiendish new version.

You just use the address box in your browser.

no you don't

going from map view to steet views does not change the url in the address
box