Old March 6th 14, 08:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default RIP OnePulse

The Barclaycard with an Oyster inside.

I got a flyer today saying they are being withdrawn "from April 2014".

and "It is important that you carry out one of the following options
before [30 Jun 2014]*"

o Continue to use up any remaining credit **
o Arrange for the balance to be transferred to another Oyster card
o Request a refund by visting a TfL ticket office.

So all a bit "hands off" as far as Barclaycard are concerned. No option
to have them automatically transfer the remaining balance 1/7/14 to my
credit card for example.

Presumably TfL will be blacklisting the OnePulse cards en-masse
overnight on 30/6/14. I wonder if that'll also delete all the journey
history associated with the card, and remove my ability to access it
online or otherwise?

And what if I can't manage any of these "important" tasks. How do I get
my balance off the card then?

They also say the Credit Card aspect will be cancelled by "May 2014" and
a brand new card issued, with a new number, and balances transferred. So
cardholders also have to update any ecommerce accounts which have that
card number associated with them.

And of course that the new card will have Paywave, and can be used on
buses now, and the rest of the Network "soon". So it seems that little
project is continuing to slip, if they can't guarantee it'll be working
by May when the new card arrives.

* My card's expiry date is after Jun, so this is presumably a generic
date, not linked to my particular card

** This will end in tears as I have auto-topup. Unless I disable that,
it'll never be all used up. And of course the chance of exactly using
it up is so unlikely, that anyone will *also* have to do one of the
second or third as well

Old March 6th 14, 02:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

NoPulse.

Old March 9th 14, 02:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message ...

[...]

I don't see why. I've given my daughter and old one pulse card and whilst
the card is long out of date the oyster part still works.

Old March 9th 14, 08:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 15:27:57 on Sun, 9 Mar
2014, Clive remarked:
I don't see why. I've given my daughter and old one pulse card and
whilst the card is long out of date the oyster part still works.

That's because they haven't yet pulled the whole OnePulse portfolio. As
I said in my original message it seems likely TfL are going to blacklist
them all overnight on the 30th June.