London Banter

-   -   Exiting Bank Tube Station (Northern Line) without ascending stairs. (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13797-exiting-bank-tube-station-northern.html)

Offramp March 26th 14 11:04 AM

Exiting Bank Tube Station (Northern Line) without ascending stairs.

I had some lung trouble recently and I didn't like climbing lots of stairs. When exiting Bank on the Northern Line I used this route:

Go down the stairs fron the Northern Line to the DLR. There is a lift that will take you back up to the top of the stairs that lead from the Northern Line to the Northern/Central circulating area.

You can then take a lift to the ticket hall area. From there follow the signs for the Waterloo & City Line; but veer off alarmingly at the last minute and use the escalators (not weekends) that go up to Poultry.

Hopefully this might be useful to someone.