London Banter

-   -   Text message alerts. (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1387-text-message-alerts.html)

CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North February 4th 04 03:02 PM

Text message alerts.

Okay here is a funny one. So ages ago I set up text alerts to tell me
when there was problems on certian lines at certian times on certain
days.
Very useful. Not often praise London Underground. But a very good idea
and works very well.
So now I don't want them anymore as Im not living in London and I can
use other services to check how L.U. is running.
Unfortunely I have forgotten my PIN number to log in. So can't make
changes.
Thankfully L.U. have put in a thing so you can have your PIN e-mailed
to you if you forgot it. Unfortunely the e-mail address I logged in
with is no longer in use.
Any ideas?

Robin Mayes February 4th 04 03:18 PM

Text message alerts.

"CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North" wrote in
message om...
Okay here is a funny one. So ages ago I set up text alerts to tell me
when there was problems on certian lines at certian times on certain
days.
Very useful. Not often praise London Underground. But a very good idea
and works very well.
So now I don't want them anymore as Im not living in London and I can
use other services to check how L.U. is running.
Unfortunely I have forgotten my PIN number to log in. So can't make
changes.
Thankfully L.U. have put in a thing so you can have your PIN e-mailed
to you if you forgot it. Unfortunely the e-mail address I logged in
with is no longer in use.
Any ideas?

Change your mobile phone number? ;-)

Cast_Iron February 4th 04 03:47 PM

Text message alerts.

CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North wrote:
Okay here is a funny one. So ages ago I set up text alerts to tell me
when there was problems on certian lines at certian times on certain
days.
Very useful. Not often praise London Underground. But a very good idea
and works very well.
So now I don't want them anymore as Im not living in London and I can
use other services to check how L.U. is running.
Unfortunely I have forgotten my PIN number to log in. So can't make
changes.
Thankfully L.U. have put in a thing so you can have your PIN e-mailed
to you if you forgot it. Unfortunely the e-mail address I logged in
with is no longer in use.
Any ideas?

Contact LU and ask for help - how ever much it goes against the grain.

Helen Deborah Vecht February 4th 04 04:44 PM

Text message alerts.

(CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North)typed

Okay here is a funny one. So ages ago I set up text alerts to tell me
when there was problems on certian lines at certian times on certain
days.
Very useful. Not often praise London Underground. But a very good idea
and works very well.
So now I don't want them anymore as Im not living in London and I can
use other services to check how L.U. is running.
Unfortunely I have forgotten my PIN number to log in. So can't make
changes.
Thankfully L.U. have put in a thing so you can have your PIN e-mailed
to you if you forgot it. Unfortunely the e-mail address I logged in
with is no longer in use.
Any ideas?

Try
http://alerts.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/html/reset_pin.jsp

Trouble with that is that you have to remember your user ID.

I can't remember mine.

Thameslink give top quality text alerts FWIW.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Acrosticus February 4th 04 06:34 PM

Text message alerts.

From: "Cast_Iron"
Date: 04/02/2004 16:47 GMT Standard Time

Contact LU and ask for help - how ever much it goes against the grain.

"LU" and "help" in the same sentence. You don't see that very often - and you
don't get it that often either!

CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North February 9th 04 09:56 AM

Text message alerts.

No response from London Underground about the problem. However I am
fully informed about how rubbish the service is on the Met Line. Which
is useful when your living up here.

Helen Deborah Vecht February 9th 04 12:19 PM

Text message alerts.

(CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North)typed

No response from London Underground about the problem. However I am
fully informed about how rubbish the service is on the Met Line. Which
is useful when your living up here.

Here's what I did.

I forgot my original User ID and its PIN.

I registered for alerts on the same phone, with the same personal
details with a new User ID & PIN.

I then got an email from TFL which mentioned my old User ID. I still
couln't remember my PIN but 'reset' this on the website.

I could then adjust both requests for alerts online.

The same could just work for you...

--
Helen D. Vecht:

Edgware.

CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North February 10th 04 01:28 PM

Text message alerts.

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote in message ...
(CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North)typed

No response from London Underground about the problem. However I am
fully informed about how rubbish the service is on the Met Line. Which
is useful when your living up here.

Here's what I did.

I forgot my original User ID and its PIN.

I registered for alerts on the same phone, with the same personal
details with a new User ID & PIN.

I then got an email from TFL which mentioned my old User ID. I still
couln't remember my PIN but 'reset' this on the website.

I could then adjust both requests for alerts online.

The same could just work for you...

Would it work with a different e-mail address?
The problem has been caused by me changing internet provider and the
orginal e-mail address no longer existing

Helen Deborah Vecht February 10th 04 03:03 PM

Text message alerts.

(CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North)typed

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote in message
(CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North)typed

No response from London Underground about the problem. However I am
fully informed about how rubbish the service is on the Met Line. Which
is useful when your living up here.

Here's what I did.

I forgot my original User ID and its PIN.

I registered for alerts on the same phone, with the same personal
details with a new User ID & PIN.

I then got an email from TFL which mentioned my old User ID. I still
couln't remember my PIN but 'reset' this on the website.

I could then adjust both requests for alerts online.

The same could just work for you...

Would it work with a different e-mail address?
The problem has been caused by me changing internet provider and the
orginal e-mail address no longer existing

I don't know (probably not, I suspect)! What can you lose by trying?

It might help you to know that they don't send more than two text
messages per day, with the rest being sent by email.

Do you still have the same phone?

Have you been in the North a long time?

I think you might have to speak to someone... :-(

--
Helen D. Vecht:

Edgware.