London Banter

-   -   Serco loses DLR operating franchise to Keolis Amey joint venture (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13951-serco-loses-dlr-operating-franchise.html)

Mizter T July 4th 14 06:57 AM

Serco loses DLR operating franchise to Keolis Amey joint venture

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28157128

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-2680393/

I thought the general consensus was that Serco did a good job running
the DLR. I wonder if there are wobbles ahead as the reigns are handed over?

Someone Somewhere July 4th 14 07:18 AM

On 04/07/2014 07:57, Mizter T wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28157128

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-2680393/

I thought the general consensus was that Serco did a good job running
the DLR. I wonder if there are wobbles ahead as the reigns are handed over?

Do we have any details of what they offered to win it? Was it purely
financial terms, or were there differential service offerings?

Recliner[_2_] July 4th 14 07:24 AM

Mizter T wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28157128

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-2680393/

I thought the general consensus was that Serco did a good job running the
DLR. I wonder if there are wobbles ahead as the reigns are handed over?

Perhaps, though the DLR is in an unusually stable period at the moment,
with no new lines, stations, signalling systems, ticketing systems or
vehicles coming into service any time soon. There's a bit more doubling of
the Stratford to Bow Road section, but I can't think of anything else on
the agenda right now, so if you are going to swap operators, this is a less
risky time than most.

Jarle Hammen Knudsen July 4th 14 10:11 AM

Serco loses DLR operating franchise to Keolis Amey joint venture

On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 07:57:21 +0100, Mizter T
wrote:

I wonder if there are wobbles ahead as the reigns are handed over?

Unless they are replacing the rolling stock, yes.

--
jhk