Old February 5th 04, 09:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Aerial

Not London - but why would a pelican crossing suddenly acquire a aerial on
the top?

--

Regards

John

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Old February 5th 04, 10:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"John" john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom wrote in message
Not London - but why would a pelican crossing suddenly acquire a aerial on
the top?

--

Regards

John

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Look like any of the vehicle detectors shown in this document??

http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/group...pdf_504814.pdf

Colin

Old February 5th 04, 10:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

No, it was a rod antennae

--

Regards

John

"Colin" wrote in message

"John" john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom wrote in message
Not London - but why would a pelican crossing suddenly acquire a aerial

on
the top?

--

Regards

John

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old February 5th 04, 11:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom (John) wrote:

No, it was a rod antennae

pedant
A rod ANTENNA?
or
SOME rod ANTENNAE?
/pedant
Old February 6th 04, 07:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"John" john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom wrote in message

Not London - but why would a pelican crossing
suddenly acquire a aerial on the top?

A planning notice will probably be stuck to a nearby lamppost or equipment
cabinet. Read it and you will find the name of the utility responsible, from
which the purpose can be deduced.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old February 6th 04, 08:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 22:02:15 -0000, "John"
john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom wrote:

Not London - but why would a pelican crossing suddenly acquire a aerial on
the top?

Was it crossing as part of its annual migration, and the aerial was
tracking it?

Or was it a pelicon?
Old February 6th 04, 08:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Ken Wheatley" wrote in message
On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 22:02:15 -0000, "John"
john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom wrote:

Not London - but why would a pelican crossing
suddenly acquire a aerial on the top?

Was it crossing as part of its annual migration,
and the aerial was tracking it?

Or was it a pelicon?

Is Peter Beale on holiday?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old February 6th 04, 10:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Not London - but why would a pelican crossing suddenly acquire a aerial
on
the top?

Was it crossing as part of its annual migration, and the aerial was
tracking it?

Or was it a pelicon?

The original acronym might have been pelicon but pelican is the accepted
spelling these days. As in "The Zebra, Pelican and Puffin Pedestrian
Crossings Regulations and General Directions 1997" for example.

Old February 8th 04, 09:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Maybe an aerial for a cellular micro cell, sometimes hidden in petrol
station price signs. 3G use 'dummy glass fibre phone poles' complete with
iron steps a la BT ones.

David