Old August 11th 14, 08:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default FAO Mr Perry

In message , at 10:46:15 on Fri, 25 Jul
2014, Roland Perry remarked:

http://www.oyster-rail.org.uk/2014/0...oming-to-rail/

16th September is the launch date.

A Tuesday?

It occurs to me that this is 2 days after the new TSGN franchise starts.
So perhaps "throwing some switches" in the computer department on the
Monday, ready for going live on the Tuesday.

Tends to point the finger at FCC as the one previously dragging their
feet.

I appreciate it's only supposed to be for Overground and Tube, but the
interavailability of tickets for example from Finsbury Park to Moorgate
must make it in effect available on the NR services over certain lines.

Or is it in fact just a co-incidence.

Old August 11th 14, 02:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 14:43:20 on
Mon, 11 Aug 2014, Paul Corfield remarked:

The only issue I've seen mentioned is whether it's a Tuesday so as to
give the system a week to bed in before a "Monday to Sunday" capping
period commences. I've not seen an answer from TfL on that.

I wonder how many people will travel that particular Tuesday-Sunday and
expect the regular Monday-Sunday cap to apply? And if it doesn't, how
many will complain, and will their complaints be upheld.