Old September 5th 14, 05:15 PM
Junior Member

Default London Underground App

Guys,

I just made an app for travel on the London Underground (for iPhone only, right now) and was just wondering if any of you could give me some feedback? I've travelled on the underground a lot in the past, but I live outside of London (in Norfolk) and I expect quite a few of you know more about what would be useful in this type of app than I do

The link is https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lond...9112?ls=1&mt=8 if anyone is interested (it's free). Would be great to find out how I can improve it.

Thanks
Jake

Old September 5th 14, 09:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

jruston wrote:

Guys,

I just made an app for travel on the London Underground (for iPhone
only, right now) and was just wondering if any of you could give me some
feedback? I've travelled on the underground a lot in the past, but I
live outside of London (in Norfolk) and I expect quite a few of you know
more about what would be useful in this type of app than I do

The link is http://tinyurl.com/pdzgv6t if anyone is interested (it's
free). Would be great to find out how I can improve it.

How does it differ from the many other apps for the Underground? and the
apps which cover all of Rail, buses, DLR, trams an Underground?

--
Mark
Old September 5th 14, 10:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

(Mark Bestley) wrote on 05 September 2014 22:21:31 ...
jruston wrote:

Guys,

I just made an app for travel on the London Underground (for iPhone
only, right now) and was just wondering if any of you could give me some
feedback? I've travelled on the underground a lot in the past, but I
live outside of London (in Norfolk) and I expect quite a few of you know
more about what would be useful in this type of app than I do

The link is http://tinyurl.com/pdzgv6t if anyone is interested (it's
free). Would be great to find out how I can improve it.

How does it differ from the many other apps for the Underground? and the
apps which cover all of Rail, buses, DLR, trams an Underground?

It works less well on Android than most of them.
--
Richard J.
Old September 6th 14, 02:05 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Bestley[_2_] View Post
For the record, the app does also include DLR (and Overground).

If you've looked at the app store, you'll have seen that there's quite a few separate apps for tube exits, first/last tube times, the map etc... and I just wanted to put them all into one central place, in a free app. I'm not saying you couldn't get this information from other apps, but you'd probably have to have multiple apps and/or would have to pay for it. I tried to make it simpler to use and better designed than the others, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard J.[_3_] View Post

jruston wrote:

Guys,

I just made an app for travel on the London Underground (for iPhone
only, right now) and was just wondering if any of you could give me some
feedback? I've travelled on the underground a lot in the past, but I
live outside of London (in Norfolk) and I expect quite a few of you know
more about what would be useful in this type of app than I do

The link is
http://tinyurl.com/pdzgv6t if anyone is interested (it's
free). Would be great to find out how I can improve it.

How does it differ from the many other apps for the Underground? and the
apps which cover all of Rail, buses, DLR, trams an Underground?

It works less well on Android than most of them.
--
Richard J.
Good point I will be making an Android version of it if feedback for the iPhone version is positive.