London Banter

-   -   Under the London Bridge arches (pictures) (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14128-under-london-bridge-arches-pictures.html)

Recliner[_3_] November 25th 14 12:01 AM

Under the London Bridge arches (pictures)

The Telegraph has published some pictures from the London Bridge
construction site:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pict...enovation.html

Graeme Wall November 25th 14 07:30 AM

On 25/11/2014 01:01, Recliner wrote:
The Telegraph has published some pictures from the London Bridge
construction site:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pict...enovation.html

Shame they are going to demolish those impressive brick quadripartite
arches.

--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at http://www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail

[email protected] November 25th 14 08:49 AM

Under the London Bridge arches (pictures)

In article , (Graeme
Wall) wrote:

On 25/11/2014 01:01, Recliner wrote:
The Telegraph has published some pictures from the London Bridge
construction site:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pict...4/Victorian-ar
ches-cleared-as-London-Bridge-station-undergoes-renovation.html

Shame they are going to demolish those impressive brick quadripartite
arches.

I agree. Why?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

[email protected] November 25th 14 04:22 PM

On 25.11.14 8:30, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 25/11/2014 01:01, Recliner wrote:
The Telegraph has published some pictures from the London Bridge
construction site:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pict...enovation.html

Shame they are going to demolish those impressive brick quadripartite
arches.

I once saw a cabaret show under the arches some years ago.

Graeme Wall November 25th 14 04:49 PM

On 25/11/2014 17:22, wrote:
On 25.11.14 8:30, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 25/11/2014 01:01, Recliner wrote:
The Telegraph has published some pictures from the London Bridge
construction site:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pict...enovation.html

Shame they are going to demolish those impressive brick quadripartite
arches.

I once saw a cabaret show under the arches some years ago.

With Flanagan and Allen?

David Cantrell November 26th 14 01:25 PM

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 08:30:40AM +0000, Graeme Wall wrote:

Shame they are going to demolish those impressive brick quadripartite
arches.

Why is it a shame? If they're no longer needed and they get in the way,
what is the reason for keeping them?

--
David Cantrell | even more awesome than a panda-fur coat

Please stop rolling your Jargon Dice and explain the problem
you are having to me in plain English, using small words.
-- John Hardin, in the Monastery

[email protected] November 26th 14 05:32 PM

Under the London Bridge arches (pictures)

In article ,
(David Cantrell) wrote:

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 08:30:40AM +0000, Graeme Wall wrote:

Shame they are going to demolish those impressive brick
quadripartite arches.

Why is it a shame? If they're no longer needed and they get in the way,
what is the reason for keeping them?

Some people just don't appreciate architecture!

--
Colin Rosenstiel

[email protected] November 29th 14 06:30 PM

Under the London Bridge arches (pictures)

I gave up after the first two; I'm on a GPRS connection at the moment and even by that standard it's being very slow. I'll try again when I can get something faster.

what was the space originally used for?

Offramp December 5th 14 02:44 AM

Under the London Bridge arches (pictures)

Photo number 9 is excellent! A totally baffling quiz question: Below which station would you find this tunnel?

(The ex-London Dungeon people have painted Whitechapel Sewage Tunnel onto the wall.)