London Banter

-   -   staff nominee oyster (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14142-staff-nominee-oyster.html)

Pantomimehorse December 8th 14 02:56 PM

staff nominee oyster

Hi so my brother works for the Underground, Im very lucky to have his staff Nominee pass which saves me a fortune but...

He mentioned the staff Eurostar discount but he wasnt sure if I would be able to use it without him going on the trip, he said hes tried to find out at work but no one seems to know... any ideas? Im guessing not but Im going anyway so if theres a discount to be used it would be rude not to!

thanks

Chris

[email protected] December 9th 14 11:08 PM

staff nominee oyster

On 09.12.14 18:34, Steve Fitzgerald wrote:
In message , Pantomimehorse
writes

I trust you live at the same address as him otherwise he might have
Staff Travel on his case and the card withdrawn and him taken to CDI.

I believe Eurostar discount only available to the member of staff
personally, and they have to be travelling in the group.

Hi so my brother works for the Underground, Im very lucky to have his
staff Nominee pass which saves me a fortune but...

He mentioned the staff Eurostar discount but he wasnt sure if I would be
able to use it without him going on the trip, he said hes tried to find
out at work but no one seems to know... any ideas? Im guessing not but
Im going anyway so if theres a discount to be used it would be rude not
to!

thanks

Chris

Eurostar discounts, up to 50%, are available to LUL drivers.

Mizter T December 10th 14 09:43 AM

staff nominee oyster

On 10/12/2014 00:08, wrote:

On 09.12.14 18:34, Steve Fitzgerald wrote:
[SNIP]
I trust you live at the same address as him otherwise he might have
Staff Travel on his case and the card withdrawn and him taken to CDI.

I believe Eurostar discount only available to the member of staff
personally, and they have to be travelling in the group.

Eurostar discounts, up to 50%, are available to LUL drivers.

I imagine that's big news to Mr Fitzgerald... who just happens to be a
Tube driver ;-)

[email protected] December 10th 14 09:53 AM

staff nominee oyster

On Wed, 10 Dec 2014 10:43:54 +0000
Mizter T wrote:
On 10/12/2014 00:08, wrote:

On 09.12.14 18:34, Steve Fitzgerald wrote:
[SNIP]
I trust you live at the same address as him otherwise he might have
Staff Travel on his case and the card withdrawn and him taken to CDI.

I believe Eurostar discount only available to the member of staff
personally, and they have to be travelling in the group.

Eurostar discounts, up to 50%, are available to LUL drivers.

I imagine that's big news to Mr Fitzgerald... who just happens to be a
Tube driver ;-)

Cushy job eh? Other than some early morning shifts, they get 50K for essentially
pushing a lever or on the ATO lines just a button once every few minutes which
a trained chimp could manage. Plus overtime plus perks. And they still have the
bloody gall to call a strike every few months.

--
Spud

Mizter T December 10th 14 10:04 AM

staff nominee oyster

On 10/12/2014 10:53, d wrote:
[...]
I believe Eurostar discount only available to the member of staff
personally, and they have to be travelling in the group.

Eurostar discounts, up to 50%, are available to LUL drivers.

I imagine that's big news to Mr Fitzgerald... who just happens to be a
Tube driver ;-)

Cushy job eh? Other than some early morning shifts, they get 50K for essentially
pushing a lever or on the ATO lines just a button once every few minutes which
a trained chimp could manage. Plus overtime plus perks. And they still have the
bloody gall to call a strike every few months.

What strikes every few months are those then? Go on, list them...

Must be exhausting to feel you need to keep up the negativity levels all
the time!

[email protected] December 10th 14 12:42 PM

staff nominee oyster

On Wed, 10 Dec 2014 11:04:20 +0000
Mizter T wrote:
What strikes every few months are those then? Go on, list them...

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...out-today-over
-sacking-of-tube-driver-who-failed-alcohol-breath-test-9894536.html

That was , ooh , 9 days ago?

--
Spud

Offramp December 13th 14 09:08 AM

staff nominee oyster

On Monday, 8 December 2014 21:37:00 UTC, Pantomimehorse wrote:
Hi so my brother works for the Underground, Im very lucky to have his
staff Nominee pass which saves me a fortune but...

He mentioned the staff Eurostar discount ...

I thought the discount was off of the standard price. If it is then normal everyday discounts are probably better.