London Banter

-   -   A Garbage Post @ South Wimbledon (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14196-garbage-post-south-wimbledon.html)

Offramp January 29th 15 05:08 PM

A Garbage Post @ South Wimbledon

I saw this unusuality yesterday :https://www.flickr.com/gp/40683222@N00/ox9zs7
For those of you who do not wish to visit unveröffentlichte sites, I shall describe it.
It is a three - foot tall cedar wood pillar of rectangular design supported by titanium cross - billows.

Probably used so that that poxy green tiling wouldn't be damaged.

Mizter T January 29th 15 05:22 PM

On 29/01/2015 18:08, Offramp wrote:
I saw this unusuality yesterday: https://www.flickr.com/gp/40683222@N00/ox9zs7
For those of you who do not wish to visit unveröffentlichte sites, I shall describe it.
It is a three - foot tall cedar wood pillar of rectangular design supported by titanium cross - billows.

Probably used so that that poxy green tiling wouldn't be damaged.

I can imagine the potential for damage if it was mounted on the wall -
not least it ending up no longer being mounted on the wall if someone
goes for a vigorous slam dunk of their litter.

And I like the green tiles!

[email protected] January 30th 15 08:22 AM

A Garbage Post @ South Wimbledon

On Thu, 29 Jan 2015 10:08:12 -0800 (PST)
Offramp wrote:
I saw this unusuality yesterday :https://www.flickr.com/gp/40683222@N00/ox9=
zs7
For those of you who do not wish to visit unver=F6ffentlichte sites, I shal=
l describe it.=20
It is a three - foot tall cedar wood pillar of rectangular design supported=
by titanium cross - billows.=20

Probably used so that that poxy green tiling wouldn't be damaged.

At least bins are back after decades of trying to persuade us they were
removed for terrorist bomb reasons. Rather than the real reason which was
just cost cutting.

--
Spud

Basil Jet[_4_] January 30th 15 08:48 AM

On 2015\01\29 18:08, Offramp wrote:
I saw this unusuality yesterday :https://www.flickr.com/gp/40683222@N00/ox9zs7
For those of you who do not wish to visit unveröffentlichte sites, I shall describe it.
It is a three - foot tall cedar wood pillar of rectangular design supported by titanium cross - billows.

Probably used so that that poxy green tiling wouldn't be damaged.

It's a basketball hoop for Wombles.

Mizter T January 30th 15 03:20 PM

A Garbage Post @ South Wimbledon

On 30/01/2015 09:22, d wrote:
[...]
At least bins are back after decades of trying to persuade us they were
removed for terrorist bomb reasons. Rather than the real reason which was
just cost cutting.

I don't suppose you've ever had any dealings with TRANSEC, have you?

(I haven't, but I know how it works.)

[email protected] January 30th 15 04:03 PM

A Garbage Post @ South Wimbledon

On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 16:20:06 +0000
Mizter T wrote:
On 30/01/2015 09:22, d wrote:
[...]
At least bins are back after decades of trying to persuade us they were
removed for terrorist bomb reasons. Rather than the real reason which was
just cost cutting.

I don't suppose you've ever had any dealings with TRANSEC, have you?

(I haven't, but I know how it works.)

Not heard of them. But the whole "terrorism" excuse was transparently bull****
as the events of 7/7 sadly proved.

--
Spud

tim..... January 30th 15 05:22 PM

Offramp wrote:
I saw this unusuality yesterday
:https://www.flickr.com/gp/40683222@N00/ox9=
zs7
For those of you who do not wish to visit unver=F6ffentlichte sites, I
shal=
l describe it.=20
It is a three - foot tall cedar wood pillar of rectangular design
supported=
by titanium cross - billows.=20

Probably used so that that poxy green tiling wouldn't be damaged.

At least bins are back after decades of trying to persuade us they were
removed for terrorist bomb reasons.

you're presumably not old enough to remember that there really was a "bomb
in a bin"

tim

Clank January 30th 15 09:16 PM

Offramp wrote:
I saw this unusuality yesterday :https://www.flickr.com/gp/40683222@N00/ox9=
zs7
For those of you who do not wish to visit unver=F6ffentlichte sites, I shal=
l describe it.=20
It is a three - foot tall cedar wood pillar of rectangular design supported=
by titanium cross - billows.=20

Probably used so that that poxy green tiling wouldn't be damaged.

At least bins are back after decades of trying to persuade us they were
removed for terrorist bomb reasons.

you're presumably not old enough to remember that there really was a "bomb in a bin"

And evidently doesn't appreciate the paradigm shift that is the suicide
bomber.

Say what you like about the IRA, but they weren't mad keen about getting
killed themselves. Hence bombs in bins rather than on their backs.

[email protected] February 3rd 15 08:29 AM

A Garbage Post @ South Wimbledon

Offramp wrote:
I saw this unusuality yesterday
:https://www.flickr.com/gp/40683222@N00/ox9=
zs7
For those of you who do not wish to visit unver=F6ffentlichte sites, I
shal=
l describe it.=20
It is a three - foot tall cedar wood pillar of rectangular design
supported=
by titanium cross - billows.=20

Probably used so that that poxy green tiling wouldn't be damaged.

At least bins are back after decades of trying to persuade us they were
removed for terrorist bomb reasons.

you're presumably not old enough to remember that there really was a "bomb
in a bin"

Yes I know. But I didn't see a call to ban cars after all the car bombs they set
off. If there hadn't been a bin they'd have put it in something else.

--
Spud

[email protected] February 3rd 15 08:38 AM

A Garbage Post @ South Wimbledon

On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 22:16:04 +0000 (UTC)
Clank wrote:
Say what you like about the IRA, but they weren't mad keen about getting
killed themselves. Hence bombs in bins rather than on their backs.

I suppose one of the good things about the jihadists is that at least they
tend to remove themselves from the gene pool.

--
Spud