Old February 8th 15, 09:15 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Heathrow rail link plans to go on show

In message , at 09:32:00 on Sun, 8 Feb 2015,
Graeme Wall remarked:
The fact that a diagram appears in the BAA annual report showing
schemes that could be seen as rivals to the Authority's own proposals
is perfectly proper to bring to shareholders' attention. Nowhere is
there any evidence that BAA and the proponents of the other schemes are
in consultation.

It would be inconceivable for a third party to propose a link from
Reading to T5 without first discussing it with BAA.

I note that you steadfastly refuse to give the context for that
diagram, other than it is, alledgedly, in a BAA annual report at some
time in a 15 year period.

It is in such an annual report, but I probably don't still have it. The
main reason I clipped it at the time was because of the HEx spur to St
Pancras.

Now that Google Groups is working again, I've found this posting of mine
(under the general theme of vapourware - Paging Mizter T...):

"It's slightly unusual in that HEx is a BAA project not a
government one, however their 1998 annual report said the new
section {to StP - ed} would be open by 2001. It also showed the
western link and what we call Airtrack today, but without dates.

"Meanwhile London Underground predicted in 1995 that the T5
station would open in 2003.

The discussion at the time (2012) was about this announcement from
Justine Greening:

"We are providing funding for a new rail line from the Great
Western main line near Slough to Heathrow which could provide
significantly improved connections from the Thames Valley, the
west of England and Wales to the airport and journey time
savings of up to 30 minutes."

Does any of that sound familiar when compared to Friday's news story?

Old February 8th 15, 10:45 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 08/02/2015 10:15, Roland Perry wrote:
[...]

Same old same old :-)

--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at http://www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail