Old March 24th 15, 05:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Museum lines get funding

A £5.54bn investment in four London Underground (LU) lines should
improve efficiency, Transport for London (TfL) has claimed.

Work to the District, Circle, Metropolitan and Hammersmith & City lines
will include a new signalling system, new track, longer platforms and
rebuilt train depots.

Tfl said the plans for a new signalling system include the oldest part
of the network built, which was built in 1863 and "belong in a museum".

Old March 24th 15, 05:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

eastender wrote:
A £5.54bn investment in four London Underground (LU) lines should improve
efficiency, Transport for London (TfL) has claimed.

Work to the District, Circle, Metropolitan and Hammersmith & City lines
will include a new signalling system, new track, longer platforms and rebuilt train depots.

Tfl said the plans for a new signalling system include the oldest part of
the network built, which was built in 1863 and "belong in a museum".

This, of course, is the long-delayed SSL resignalling contract that has had
at least two false starts so far. The new track, S Stock trains, depot
extensions and platform extensions have already happened, in some cases,
several years ago.
Old March 24th 15, 07:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 24/03/2015 17:26, Recliner wrote:
eastender wrote:
A £5.54bn investment in four London Underground (LU) lines should improve
efficiency, Transport for London (TfL) has claimed.

Work to the District, Circle, Metropolitan and Hammersmith & City lines
will include a new signalling system, new track, longer platforms and rebuilt train depots.

Tfl said the plans for a new signalling system include the oldest part of
the network built, which was built in 1863 and "belong in a museum".

This, of course, is the long-delayed SSL resignalling contract that has had
at least two false starts so far. The new track, S Stock trains, depot
extensions and platform extensions have already happened, in some cases,
several years ago.

I'm sure looking forward to that two minute service at Chesham

PA

---

Old March 25th 15, 12:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

eastender wrote:
A £5.54bn investment in four London Underground (LU) lines should
improve efficiency, Transport for London (TfL) has claimed.

Work to the District, Circle, Metropolitan and Hammersmith & City lines
will include a new signalling system, new track, longer platforms and
rebuilt train depots.

Tfl said the plans for a new signalling system include the oldest part
of the network built, which was built in 1863 and "belong in a museum".

This, of course, is the long-delayed SSL resignalling contract that has
had at least two false starts so far. The new track, S Stock trains,
depot extensions and platform extensions have already happened, in some
cases, several years ago.

I'm sure looking forward to that two minute service at Chesham

The four minute service on the Circle will make me happy.

I note no-one here has picked up the markedly increased cost.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old March 25th 15, 01:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

eastender wrote:
[...]

It's something Roger Ford has written about regularly, and I think the
imminent issue of MR will have more on it. I don't think TfL comes out of
it well.

Old March 25th 15, 09:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wednesday, 25 March 2015 00:59:38 UTC,

The four minute service on the Circle will make me happy.

Is it four minutes between trains or four minutes to go right around?
Old March 25th 15, 10:36 AM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post

wrote:
[...]

Perhaps because we are all so used to TfL's costings being scandalous?
Old March 25th 15, 11:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 25/03/2015 00:59, wrote:

eastender wrote:
[...]

Isn't that perhaps just an acceptance of reality - Bombardier underbid
then realised what a massive and complicated job they had on their hands
and so bailed out, so this time (third time lucky) it's going to cost
more, but (one hopes) it's actually going to get done.

Note that as Paul C says, the contract with Thales still hasn't yet been
signed - I'd guess the negotiations have been hard but also thorough.
Old March 25th 15, 11:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 25/03/2015 00:59, wrote:

eastender wrote:
[...]

Well, I was poking fun at the BBC's appalling journalism. The increase
in costs and the statements that this is an ongoing project and that the
two minute service commitment is only applicable to most of the central
London lines is included int TfL's press release.

On Monday I took my first trip on the Circle Line for a while and
travelled in the rear-most car. Do some of the platform extensions
mentioned in this plan mean that that rear-most car may, eventually,
make station calls at a platform, and not in the tunnel? The
announcements that passengers wanting to get off at these stops should
move forward in the train is not exactly helpful when the train is
crush-loaded

PA

Old March 25th 15, 12:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

It was a dark and stormy night when Offramp
wrote in article
On Wednesday, 25 March 2015 00:59:38 UTC,

The four minute service on the Circle will make me happy.

Is it four minutes between trains or four minutes to go right around?

It's the Circle Line, not the Large Hadron Collider...

Grebbsy McLaren