London Banter

-   -   Museum lines get funding (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14256-museum-lines-get-funding.html)

[email protected] March 25th 15 02:19 PM

Museum lines get funding

In article
-september.
org, (Recliner) wrote:

wrote:
In article ,
stuck@home (Peter Able) wrote:

On 24/03/2015 17:26, Recliner wrote:
eastender wrote:
A £5.54bn investment in four London Underground (LU) lines should
improve efficiency, Transport for London (TfL) has claimed.

Work to the District, Circle, Metropolitan and Hammersmith & City
lines will include a new signalling system, new track, longer
platforms and rebuilt train depots.

Tfl said the plans for a new signalling system include the oldest
part of the network built, which was built in 1863 and "belong in a
museum".

This, of course, is the long-delayed SSL resignalling contract that
has had at least two false starts so far. The new track, S Stock
trains, depot extensions and platform extensions have already
happened, in some cases, several years ago.

I'm sure looking forward to that two minute service at Chesham :)

The four minute service on the Circle will make me happy.

I note no-one here has picked up the markedly increased cost.

It's something Roger Ford has written about regularly, and I think the
imminent issue of MR will have more on it. I don't think TfL comes out of
it well.

Roger was tweeting about it yesterday. Nothing about it from him in April's
Modern Railways. My copy came this morning.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Recliner[_3_] March 25th 15 02:28 PM

Museum lines get funding

wrote:
In article
-september.
, (Recliner) wrote:

wrote:

eastender wrote:
[...]

Yes, I guess he'll write about it next month.