London Banter

-   -   Meeting Point at Paddington (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1426-meeting-point-paddington.html)

Joe February 12th 04 09:35 PM

Meeting Point at Paddington

I will be meeting my son at London Paddington station tomorrow afternoon.
Can someone suggest a suitable meeting point at the station. (We will both
be coming in by tube (main station))
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For Train Information, The Latest News & Best photos around check out the

Peter Masson February 12th 04 09:48 PM

"Joe" wrote in message
I will be meeting my son at London Paddington station tomorrow afternoon.
Can someone suggest a suitable meeting point at the station. (We will both
be coming in by tube (main station))

Brunel's statue on the Lawn (near the top of the steps from the tube
station).

Peter

Cast_Iron February 12th 04 09:53 PM

Peter Masson wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message
I will be meeting my son at London Paddington station tomorrow
afternoon. Can someone suggest a suitable meeting point at the
station. (We will both be coming in by tube (main station))

Brunel's statue on the Lawn (near the top of the steps from the tube
station).

No longer on the Lawn, unless it's been put back in its rightful place. Last
time I saw it it was in the entrance from the cab rank to platform 1.

Jon Porter February 12th 04 10:15 PM

"Cast_Iron" wrote in message
Peter Masson wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message
I will be meeting my son at London Paddington station tomorrow
afternoon. Can someone suggest a suitable meeting point at the
station. (We will both be coming in by tube (main station))

Brunel's statue on the Lawn (near the top of the steps from the tube
station).

No longer on the Lawn, unless it's been put back in its rightful

place. Last
time I saw it it was in the entrance from the cab rank to platform 1.

Paddington Bear Statue, just by Dixons through the glass doors to the
right of the big sushi bar. If coming up the main tube steps turn sharp
left and left again, can't miss it.

Tony Miles February 12th 04 10:16 PM

"Joe" wrote in message
I will be meeting my son at London Paddington station tomorrow afternoon.
Can someone suggest a suitable meeting point at the station. (We will both
be coming in by tube (main station))

There's a FGW information desk not far from the top of the main
stairs/escalators to the tube station.
The row of LCD screens with departure information etc. towards the side of
the concourse at the platform 1 end or even just "near the gates" to a
particular platform.

The P1 side is probably best as the other side of the concourse is dark and
gloomy.

Of course it depends a bit on which tube line you are arriving on - the
Metropolitan platforms are in the open at the side of the main station - and
feed into an overbridge at the west end of the platforms. You could meet on
the bridge at the top of the stairs to platform 1 or something.

Hope that helps..

Tony

(or if you have mobiles you do the "where are you?....where?.... by the
what?.... what do you mean 'behind you'?... Oh - hello")

Mark Brader February 15th 04 01:19 AM

Meeting Point at Paddington

Tony Miles:
Of course it depends a bit on which tube line you are arriving on - the
Metropolitan platforms are ...

Tony, you might want to have someone look into why your articles are
reaching the newsgroup 14 years late. :-)
--
Mark Brader, Toronto "1. Buy 64 more buses."
--Michael Wares