London Banter

-   -   Whitechapel (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14275-whitechapel.html)

Clive D. W. Feather[_2_] April 3rd 15 03:39 PM

Whitechapel

In message ,
wrote:
Dunno. The tripcocks aren't live north of Drayton park, are they?

There's a tripcock tester at Finsbury Park (or at least was).

According to some old signalling diagrams I have, K372 and K364 on the
Up Moorgate between Finsbury Park and Drayton Park both have tripcocks,
but not the running signals on the Down Moorgate. K46, facing up on the
Down Moorgate immediately north of the crossover at the north end of the
station is also shown as having a tripcock.

There must
be some sort of signal interlocking to stop trains entering the tunnels with
the pans up.

Not that I'm aware of. However, the driver gets an alarm in the cab of
313s whenever they're getting power both ways.

I see someone else has claimed that there's a magnet to cause the
train's breaker to open on approach to Drayton Park. That's quite
plausible.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Mobile: +44 7973 377646 | Web: http://www.davros.org