London Banter

-   -   New fast cats for River Bus (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14277-new-fast-cats-river-bus.html)

Kenw April 4th 15 06:02 AM

New fast cats for River Bus

I've pulled together more details of the new fast cats ordered by
Thames Clippers.
Details here

http://www.londonsriver.com/travel-to-work.html

Hope this is of interest – but for those wanting to take decent pix,
the slower RiverLiners operated by City Cruises have open top decks and
are much more stable.

Ken

stungebag April 4th 15 09:58 AM

New fast cats for River Bus

On Sat, 4 Apr 2015 07:02:38 +0100, Kenw wrote:

I've pulled together more details of the new fast cats ordered by
Thames Clippers.
Details here

http://www.londonsriver.com/travel-to-work.html

Hope this is of interest – but for those wanting to take decent pix,
the slower RiverLiners operated by City Cruises have open top decks and
are much more stable.

Ken

I've only ridden the existing service a few times but there seems
little opportunity to use a fast boat. Whenever they pass an other
vessel, moving or moored, they reduce speed to a crawl (or even a
breaststroke).

Offramp April 4th 15 12:12 PM

New fast cats for River Bus

Are they hop on, hop off?

Kenw April 6th 15 04:28 AM

New fast cats for River Bus

On 2015-04-04 12:12:42 +0000, Offramp said:

Are they hop on, hop off?

Both City Cruises and Clippers offer their own hop on and off tickets.
But they are not interchangeable between the operators.
--
kenwATlondonsriver.com