London Banter

-   -   Why were Charing Cross-bound trains using London Bridge platform 4? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14342-why-were-charing-cross-bound.html)

[email protected] May 30th 15 05:58 PM

Why were Charing Cross-bound trains using London Bridge platform 4?

Two trains did this Friday, May 29 about 730pm.

I would have expected such trains to have used platform 5.

Thanks

D A Stocks[_2_] May 30th 15 06:25 PM

wrote in message
Two trains did this Friday, May 29 about 730pm.

I would have expected such trains to have used platform 5.

Thanks

I believe platform 5 was removed over the bank holiday weekend, which makes
it rather difficult for trains to use it:

http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk/more-changes-to-london-bridge-station-as-bank-holiday-work-finishes-on-time/

--
DAS

[email protected] May 31st 15 12:19 AM

Why were Charing Cross-bound trains using London Bridge platform 4?

Sorry, let me correct that to the line next to where platform 5 used to be.

I'd have expected a train bound for Charing Cross to have used this line rather than the line next to platform 4.

Obviously trains to/from Charing Cross aren't stopping at London Brodge at the moment.

Regards

D A Stocks[_2_] May 31st 15 02:11 AM

wrote in message
Sorry, let me correct that to the line next to where platform 5 used to
be.

I'd have expected a train bound for Charing Cross to have used this line
rather than the line next to platform 4.

Obviously trains to/from Charing Cross aren't stopping at London Brodge at
the moment.

Regards

A check of realtimetrains around that time suggest trains to Charing X used
lines described as:

Platform 3
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/trai...05/29/advanced

Platform 4
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/trai...05/29/advanced

UPV (I think that's the line you're thinking of)
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/trai...05/29/advanced
(shown as no report but there are other weekday trains that are reported)

Platform 6
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/trai...05/29/advanced

There were clearly some problems around that time ...

--
DAS