London Banter

-   -   Oyster registration for non-UK residents (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14355-oyster-registration-non-uk-residents.html)

joh June 5th 15 07:23 PM

Oyster registration for non-UK residents

Do you know whether people not living in the UK can register their Oystercard and use Oyster online to buy tickets?

When I tried to register a few years ago, a UK postcode was required, which I can't give since I don't live there.

Meanwhile the registration process has changed. TfL now ask for details of the most recent journey in the past 8 weeks. Since I can't complete this step until day 2 of my next visit, I wonder if I'll be able to complete registration after all.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
JoH

Arthur Conan Doyle June 5th 15 10:38 PM

JoH wrote:

Do you know whether people not living in the UK can register their Oystercard and use Oyster online to buy tickets?

When I tried to register a few years ago, a UK postcode was required, which I can't give since I don't live there.

Meanwhile the registration process has changed. TfL now ask for details of the most recent journey in the past 8 weeks. Since I can't complete this step until day 2 of my next visit, I wonder if I'll be able to complete registration after all.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
JoH

I didn't have any problem registering my Oyster Visitor card a number of years
ago. I used SW1A 1AA as the current resident didn't seem to mind. :)
Its not like they will be paying you a personal visit.

Roy June 9th 15 05:43 PM

Oyster registration for non-UK residents

A true u.t.l-er would have used SW1H 0BD!
--
Roy