Old June 11th 15, 09:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Pollution on the tube

I was waiting for a northern line train at old street this morning and when
the train came in I noticed its headlights were picking out a lot of dust in
the air. Probably most of it is brake dust but even so, it can't be very
healthy can it?

--
Spud

Old June 11th 15, 07:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

On Thursday, 11 June 2015 09:30:29 UTC+1, wrote:
I was waiting for a northern line train at old street this morning and when
the train came in I noticed its headlights were picking out a lot of dust in
the air. Probably most of it is brake dust but even so, it can't be very
healthy can it?

--
Spud

This has been a problem for years and years. Ever tried to look at the end of Camden Station from the other end - its murky and hazy. Apparently 80% of the dust is dead skin - probably a mixture of mouse droppings and asbestos too. Whatever DON'T bounce up and down on the filthy Bakerloo Line seats. Then you will see the dust fly. CJB.
Old June 11th 15, 09:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

CJB wrote:
On Thursday, 11 June 2015 09:30:29 UTC+1, wrote:
I was waiting for a northern line train at old street this morning and when
the train came in I noticed its headlights were picking out a lot of dust in
the air. Probably most of it is brake dust but even so, it can't be very
healthy can it?

--
Spud

This has been a problem for years and years. Ever tried to look at the
end of Camden Station from the other end - its murky and hazy. Apparently
80% of the dust is dead skin - probably a mixture of mouse droppings and
asbestos too. Whatever DON'T bounce up and down on the filthy Bakerloo
Line seats. Then you will see the dust fly. CJB.

Iron dust, not asbestos, these days. Just google it for lots of info.
Old June 12th 15, 09:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thursday, 11 June 2015 21:05:38 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:

Iron dust, not asbestos, these days. Just google it for lots of info.

Presumably some sort of magnet would be in order.
Old June 12th 15, 09:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 11/06/2015 21:04, Recliner wrote:

CJB wrote:
On Thursday, 11 June 2015 09:30:29 UTC+1, wrote:
I was waiting for a northern line train at old street this morning and when
the train came in I noticed its headlights were picking out a lot of dust in
the air. Probably most of it is brake dust but even so, it can't be very
healthy can it?

This has been a problem for years and years. Ever tried to look at the
end of Camden Station from the other end - its murky and hazy. Apparently
80% of the dust is dead skin - probably a mixture of mouse droppings and
asbestos too. Whatever DON'T bounce up and down on the filthy Bakerloo
Line seats. Then you will see the dust fly. CJB.

Iron dust, not asbestos, these days. Just google it for lots of info.

Better to just wallow in a swamp of ignorance and assume the worst, no?

Old June 12th 15, 09:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 11 Jun 2015 11:30:42 -0700 (PDT)
CJB wrote:
of Camden Station from the other end - its murky and hazy. Apparently 80% o=
f the dust is dead skin - probably a mixture of mouse droppings and asbesto=

Thanks, I feel so much better now!

--
Spud