Old June 14th 15, 10:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default The Ginger line?

Does anyone apart from Iain Sinclair call the Overgound the Ginger
line? He has a book out on the Overground.

http://www.theguardian.com/books/201...mment-53780818

E.

Old June 14th 15, 10:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2015-06-14 10:45:58 +0000, eastender said:

Does anyone apart from Iain Sinclair call the Overgound the Ginger
line? He has a book out on the Overground.

http://www.theguardian.com/books/201...mment-53780818

E.

sorry link to article, not comments, he

http://www.theguardian.com/books/201...don-overground

Old June 14th 15, 11:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2015-06-14 11:06:25 +0000, Paul Corfield said:

On Sun, 14 Jun 2015 11:45:58 +0100, eastender
wrote:

Does anyone apart from Iain Sinclair call the Overgound the Ginger
line? He has a book out on the Overground.

http://www.theguardian.com/books/201...mment-53780818

That name makes me cringe. It's nice people want to promote the
service and the attractions along it but yuk as to the name.

Cringe at ginge?

I'd not heard the term until I read Sinclair's piece. I do like his
writing though - 'Hackney, That Rose-Red Empire' has pride of place in
the bookshelf above my desk.

E.

Old June 14th 15, 02:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 14/06/2015 11:45, eastender wrote:
Does anyone apart from Iain Sinclair call the Overground the Ginger line?
He has a book out on the Overground.

http://www.theguardian.com/books/201...mment-53780818

Never come across the "Ginger line". I've heard it called the "Orange
line" a number of times, with reference to the ELL.