London Banter

-   -   New Tube drivers strike on 5/6 August (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14425-new-tube-drivers-strike-5-a.html)

Recliner[_3_] July 13th 15 04:29 PM

New Tube drivers strike on 5/6 August

From http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-33512655

London Underground drivers will stage a second 24-hour strike in a dispute
over night Tube plans, the Aslef union has said.
The walkout, set to start at 21:30 BST on 5 August, follows a strike that
closed the entire network last week.

Mizter T August 1st 15 06:38 PM

On 13/07/2015 17:29, Recliner wrote:
From http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-33512655

London Underground drivers will stage a second 24-hour strike in a dispute
over night Tube plans, the Aslef union has said.
The walkout, set to start at 21:30 BST on 5 August, follows a strike that
closed the entire network last week.

---quote---
A new deal to try to avert the Tube strike has been offered to four unions.

London Underground (LU) approached the Rail, Maritime and Transport
(RMT) union, Transport Salaried Staffs Association (TSSA), Unite and Aslef.

Unite has turned the deal down which aims to improve the "work-life
balance".
[...]

Manuel Cortes, of the TSSA, said: "We shall be consulting our reps over
the weekend and give our response first thing on Monday morning.

"As of now, however, the strike still remains on."
[...continues...]

---/quote---

Mizter T August 1st 15 06:45 PM

From http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-33512655

London Underground drivers will stage a second 24-hour strike
in a dispute over night Tube plans, the Aslef union has said.
The walkout, set to start at 21:30 BST on 5 August, follows
a strike that closed the entire network last week.

"A new deal to try to avert the Tube strike has been offered to
four unions."

Some commentary from Tom Edwards, BBC London's Transport correspondent:

"Long-running Tube strike dispute gets ugly"

Deep joy. Nyet.