London Banter

-   -   Waltamstow éboulement (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14470-waltamstow-boulement.html)

Offramp August 9th 15 08:30 AM

Waltamstow éboulement

I know that public services in general have become illiterater and illiterater.

This is bloody poor:
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...-a2324331.html

"Transport bosses were today left red-faced after the name of a major station was mis-spelled on several prominent signs.

The embarrassing blunder at Walthamstow Central saw the north-east London rail hub renamed "Waltamstow Central" as part of renovation work undertaken to mark the London Overground's takeover of a main line route through the station."

Yours in a frightful rush,
Alan

Basil Jet[_4_] August 9th 15 11:44 AM

Waltamstow Ă©boulement

On 2015\08\09 09:30, Offramp wrote:
I know that public services in general have become illiterater and illiterater.

This is bloody poor:
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...-a2324331.html

"Transport bosses were today left red-faced after the name of a major station was mis-spelled on several prominent signs.

The embarrassing blunder at Walthamstow Central saw the north-east London rail hub renamed "Waltamstow Central" as part of renovation work undertaken to mark the London Overground's takeover of a main line route through the station."

Not an impressive track record.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-10288240.html

[email protected] August 10th 15 08:20 AM

Waltamstow éboulement

On Sun, 09 Aug 2015 14:22:17 +0200
Jarle Hammen Knudsen wrote:
On Sun, 9 Aug 2015 01:30:08 -0700 (PDT), Offramp
wrote:

I know that public services in general have become illiterater and

illiterater.

This is bloody poor:
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...ation-make-ove

-sees-walthamstow-accidentally-renamed-waltamstow-a2324331.html

"Transport bosses were today left red-faced after the name of a major station

was mis-spelled on several prominent signs.

The embarrassing blunder at Walthamstow Central saw the north-east London

rail hub renamed "Waltamstow Central" as part of renovation work undertaken to
mark the London Overground's takeover of a main line route through the
station."

Up until maybe the 80s it was called Woltam Staah. I believe these days its
now know as Al Waltamta Alhuhar Akbah.

--
Spud

[email protected] August 10th 15 08:49 AM

Waltamstow éboulement

wrote:

Up until maybe the 80s it was called Woltam Staah. I believe these days its
now know as Al Waltamta Alhuhar Akbah.

Is it? I really must change my address details then.

sheesh

An address somewhere in 1970s USA judging by that exclamation.

--
Spud

Paul Cummins August 10th 15 08:52 AM

Waltamstow éboulement

In article , y () wrote:

Up until maybe the 80s it was called Woltam Staah. I believe these
days its now know as Al Waltamta Alhuhar Akbah.

Is that like Wokingstan?

or the Islamic Peoples Republic of Leicester?

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981

[email protected] August 10th 15 09:09 AM

Waltamstow éboulement

On Mon, 10 Aug 2015 09:52 +0100 (BST)
(Paul Cummins) wrote:
In article ,
y () wrote:

Up until maybe the 80s it was called Woltam Staah. I believe these
days its now know as Al Waltamta Alhuhar Akbah.

Is that like Wokingstan?

or the Islamic Peoples Republic of Leicester?

Pretty much. Go down Walthamstow market and you'll barely hear English spoken
at all. I'm sure some people love it citing rainbow diversity blah effin
blah. Though you have to wonder why they don't just **** off and live abroad
in the culture of their choice if they despise their own native culture so much.

A quote I remember, can't attribute it: "one of the most insidious things about
multiculturalism is that the only culture you're allowed to criticise is your
own."

--
Spud

Neil Williams August 10th 15 09:00 PM

Waltamstow éboulement

On 2015-08-09 08:30:08 +0000, Offramp said:

I know that public services in general have become illiterater and illiterater.

This is bloody poor:
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...-a2324331.html

"Transport bosses were today left red-faced after the name of a major
station was mis-spelled on several prominent signs.

The embarrassing blunder at Walthamstow Central saw the north-east
London rail hub renamed "Waltamstow Central" as part of renovation work
undertaken to mark the London Overground's takeover of a main line
route through the station."

New road signs have been installed across Milton Keynes, and they are
full of embarrassing schoolboy errors, such as spelling mistakes and
missing information.

Neil
--
Neil Williams