London Banter

-   -   At least they can spell Walthamstow (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14489-least-they-can-spell-walthamstow.html)

Roland Perry August 29th 15 04:51 PM

At least they can spell Walthamstow

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...don-bus-crash-
10-passengers-in-hospital-after-driver-hits-tree-10478233.html

"Ten bus passengers were taken to hospital after the driver crashed into
a tree in London."

Andrew_S_Hatton September 4th 15 12:24 PM

Sadly the link provided by Roland Perry is no longer working -

I did find this which I presume is an updated article about the bus crash at Manor Park - I wonder if the bus ended up where pictured as a consequence of the driver trying to avoid something more damaging?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-10478233.html

Anyway I am perplexed by the reference to the spelling of Walthamstow, which is not clear either in the article or Roland Perry's comment.

I do remember recently seeing a picture of a misspelt sign - I think it was - relating to Walthamstow - from where I originate - but I do not recall the circumstances or location of the image.

Roland Perry September 4th 15 03:50 PM

At least they can spell Walthamstow

In message , at 14:24:06 on
Fri, 4 Sep 2015, Andrew_S_Hatton Andrew_S_Hatton.102f6208@londonbanter.
co.uk remarked:
Sadly the link provided by Roland Perry is no longer working

It is, but many people may see it split in two. Try this: