London Banter

-   -   Tube strikes for 8 & 10 September suspended (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14493-tube-strikes-8-10-september.html)

Mizter T September 1st 15 08:58 PM

Tube strikes for 8 & 10 September suspended

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/tube-strike-september-walk-outs-cancelled-after-london-underground-delay-start-of-night-tube-a2925156.html

The dispute ain't over though.

Roland Perry September 2nd 15 07:00 AM

Tube strikes for 8 & 10 September suspended

In message , at 21:58:17 on Tue, 1 Sep 2015,
Mizter T remarked:
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...of-night-tube-
a2925156.html

The dispute ain't over though.

That's really good news (the cancellation next week). Two trips to
London are in the diary. I also wonder if they've conspired between them
not to disrupt Parliament's first week back after the Summer recess? The
last thing either side needs is a bunch of angry, transportless, MPs on
their tail.

Recliner[_3_] September 2nd 15 07:14 AM

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 21:58:17 on Tue, 1 Sep 2015,
Mizter T remarked:
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...of-night-tube-
a2925156.html

The dispute ain't over though.

That's really good news (the cancellation next week). Two trips to London
are in the diary. I also wonder if they've conspired between them not to
disrupt Parliament's first week back after the Summer recess? The last
thing either side needs is a bunch of angry, transportless, MPs on their tail.

It probably also indicates that a settlement is very near. A strike also
costs their members lost wages, so why do it when they're just ironing out
the details of a deal?

Roland Perry September 2nd 15 07:48 AM

Tube strikes for 8 & 10 September suspended

In message
-septemb
er.org, at 07:14:36 on Wed, 2 Sep 2015, Recliner
remarked:
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...of-night-tube-
a2925156.html

The dispute ain't over though.

That's really good news (the cancellation next week). Two trips to London
are in the diary. I also wonder if they've conspired between them not to
disrupt Parliament's first week back after the Summer recess? The last
thing either side needs is a bunch of angry, transportless, MPs on their tail.

It probably also indicates that a settlement is very near. A strike also
costs their members lost wages, so why do it when they're just ironing out
the details of a deal?

Given that some commentators don't think that the night working will now
happen before Xmas, sounds like TfL has battened down for a long haul.

Mike Bristow September 3rd 15 06:14 AM

Tube strikes for 8 & 10 September suspended

In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
In message
-septemb
er.org, at 07:14:36 on Wed, 2 Sep 2015, Recliner
remarked:
It probably also indicates that a settlement is very near. A strike also
costs their members lost wages, so why do it when they're just ironing out
the details of a deal?

Given that some commentators don't think that the night working will now
happen before Xmas, sounds like TfL has battened down for a long haul.

Actually, I read it rather differently: TfL have taken the pressure off
by saying that night tube will start at an indeterminate date; the
unions have responded to that reduction in pressure by scaling down their
industrial action.

--
Mike Bristow