Old September 28th 15, 10:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Disjointed voice synthesis

I'm sure many of us have heard of the GN (nee FCC/WAGN) trains heading
for "burr-London Kings Cross".

And my train from Vauxhall the other day was apparently for
"and-Waterloo" (rather than the usual? Waterloo-only).

Using Google maps as a satnav yesterday, I was treated to:

"Brent Cross-flyover" and "Barnetbye Pass"

Any other examples spring to mind?

Old September 28th 15, 04:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

It was a dark and stormy night when Roland Perry
wrote in article ...
I'm sure many of us have heard of the GN (nee FCC/WAGN) trains heading
for "burr-London Kings Cross".

And my train from Vauxhall the other day was apparently for
"and-Waterloo" (rather than the usual? Waterloo-only).

Using Google maps as a satnav yesterday, I was treated to:

"Brent Cross-flyover" and "Barnetbye Pass"

Any other examples spring to mind?

"Street James Street"...

G.
--
Grebbsy McLaren

Old September 28th 15, 05:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Monday, 28 September 2015 10:19:35 UTC+1, Roland Perry wrote:
I'm sure many of us have heard of the GN (nee FCC/WAGN) trains heading
for "burr-London Kings Cross".

And my train from Vauxhall the other day was apparently for
"and-Waterloo" (rather than the usual? Waterloo-only).

Using Google maps as a satnav yesterday, I was treated to:

"Brent Cross-flyover" and "Barnetbye Pass"

Any other examples spring to mind?

For many years an annoying one at NORTH GREENWICH. The woman's voice says, "Alight here for the O2" as if someone then slammed a door in her face. Clearly the original sentence continued with some subordinate clause such as, "...Or you will be eaten first", which was removed and there was no money to provide a replacement. Far too costly. So the announcement was left in its hideous truncated state.
Old September 28th 15, 07:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at
09:03:16 on Mon, 28 Sep 2015, Offramp remarked:
I'm sure many of us have heard of the GN (nee FCC/WAGN) trains heading
for "burr-London Kings Cross".

And my train from Vauxhall the other day was apparently for
"and-Waterloo" (rather than the usual? Waterloo-only).

Using Google maps as a satnav yesterday, I was treated to:

"Brent Cross-flyover" and "Barnetbye Pass"

Any other examples spring to mind?

For many years an annoying one at NORTH GREENWICH. The woman's voice says, "Alight here for the O2" as if someone then slammed a door in her
face. Clearly the original sentence continued with some subordinate clause such as, "...Or you will be eaten first", which was removed and
there was no money to provide a replacement. Far too costly. So the announcement was left in its hideous truncated state.

There's an announcement in the East Midlands which finishes "and
Worksop" in a tone which implies "it's the absolute pits, you really
don't want to go there".
Old September 29th 15, 07:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Roland Perry
wrote:
I'm sure many of us have heard of the GN (nee FCC/WAGN) trains heading
for "burr-London Kings Cross".

Any other examples spring to mind?

Also in nee-WAGN: "Khuntingdon".

--