London Banter

-   -   Aldwych (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14593-aldwych.html)

[email protected] October 23rd 15 08:25 AM

Aldwych

The One Show was down Aldwych station last night. Seems the 72 stock is still
there mouldering away. Does it get used for anything anymore? Every time
you seem filming on the tube now it all seems to have been done at Charing X.

--
Spud

Recliner[_3_] October 23rd 15 08:47 AM

Aldwych

wrote:
The One Show was down Aldwych station last night. Seems the 72 stock is still
there mouldering away. Does it get used for anything anymore? Every time
you seem filming on the tube now it all seems to have been done at Charing X.

I think they use Aldwych for filns set in the past, and Charing X for films
set in recent years. Presumably they can use the museum's 38 stock in
Aldwych for films set in any period from the 1930s to the 1970s, the 72
stock from then to the 1990s, and the current Jubilee stock in Charing X
for anything later. This is, of course, if they are making an attempt at
authenticity.

Steve Lewis October 23rd 15 11:39 AM

Aldwych

And we'll keep quiet about the scenes in Skyfall where a Jubilee line train at Charing Cross pretends to be the District line. And has a guard riding in the rear cab.

Beer O'Clock October 23rd 15 04:59 PM

Aldwych

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 04:39:20 -0700 (PDT), Steve Lewis
wrote:

And we'll keep quiet about the scenes in Skyfall where a Jubilee line train at Charing Cross pretends to be the District line. And has a guard riding in the rear cab.

The disused escalators at Charing Cross still claim to lead to the
Circle and District lines - something left over from Skyfall.