London Banter

-   -   Freedom Pass and Oyster Pre Pay? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1462-freedom-pass-oyster-pre-pay.html)

Malcolm Knight February 28th 04 01:02 PM

Freedom Pass and Oyster Pre Pay?

"Mike Bristow" wrote in message
In article ,
Sunil Sood wrote:
Finally if you want your Father to have free travel all the time

ask for a
disabled freedom pass.

I can't seem to find the criteria that "entitles" one to a

disabled freedom
pass?

It's automatic if you're on the highest rate of the mobility

component
of DLA, or if you're registered blind.

Or profoundly deaf. With the latter, speaking about Bromley council,
they demand a new NHS hearing test every year. The medicos tend to
think that is a waste of their time and money and naturally reluctant
to retest the hearing of someone who has always been totally deaf.
Maybe Bromley council believe in miracles. Maybe they think everyone
is queuing for cochlear implants, either way they seem intent on
adding to the misery and expense of deaf people. They demand new
photos for the deaf each year too and never ever respond to letters of
enquiry.

N.B. Bromley is one of the councils that opts out of the standard
Freedom Pass administrative arrangements and does it all themselves.
--
Malcolm

Helen Deborah Vecht February 28th 04 02:32 PM

Freedom Pass and Oyster Pre Pay?

"Sunil Sood" typed

"Anon" wrote in message

I can't seem to find the criteria that "entitles" one to a disabled freedom
pass?

I got hard copies from my Local Authority (LB Brent) a while back. I was
not eligible as I could walk 50 metres. If I couldn't, I'd never get to
a bus stop.

The rules might vary from LA to LA.

--
Helen D. Vecht: