London Banter

-   -   TfL propaganda leaflets (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14681-tfl-propaganda-leaflets.html)

[email protected] December 11th 15 09:55 AM

TfL propaganda leaflets

They've started handing out leaflets at stations starting "We're making some
changes in ticket halls to enhance customer service".

Do they honestly expect daily commuters to believe this horse****? I think
most people would have a lot more respect for them if they manned up and said,
"Look, we've had budget cuts and the ticket offices had to go but we're
doing the best we can. Apologies" instead of this moronic New Labour style spin.

--
Spud

[email protected] December 11th 15 12:35 PM

TfL propaganda leaflets

In article , d () wrote:

They've started handing out leaflets at stations starting "We're making
some changes in ticket halls to enhance customer service".

Do they honestly expect daily commuters to believe this horse****? I think
most people would have a lot more respect for them if they manned up and
said, "Look, we've had budget cuts and the ticket offices had to go but
we're doing the best we can. Apologies" instead of this moronic New Labour
style spin.

A bit late by now, surely? The last closure in the current programme happens
next week.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Scott December 11th 15 04:00 PM

TfL propaganda leaflets

On Fri, 11 Dec 2015 10:55:10 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

They've started handing out leaflets at stations starting "We're making some
changes in ticket halls to enhance customer service".

Do they honestly expect daily commuters to believe this horse****? I think
most people would have a lot more respect for them if they manned up and said,
"Look, we've had budget cuts and the ticket offices had to go but we're
doing the best we can. Apologies" instead of this moronic New Labour style spin.

This comes with the caveat that I do not live in London and do not
know all the ins and outs.

However, with all the Oyster journeys and ticket machines, would a
staff member in a yellow jacket circulating amongst the passengers not
be more usefult than a staff member behind a screen?

Robin[_4_] December 11th 15 04:31 PM

TfL propaganda leaflets

Scott wrote:
However, with all the Oyster journeys and ticket machines, would a
staff member in a yellow jacket circulating amongst the passengers not
be more usefult than a staff member behind a screen?

I've got the popcorn ready :)

--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Robin9 December 11th 15 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Post 152364)
They've started handing out leaflets at stations starting "We're making some
changes in ticket halls to enhance customer service".

Do they honestly expect daily commuters to believe this horse****?
--
Spud

That's small change where TfL's propaganda is concerned. Their
flannel about their "road modernisation" schemes is far more
irritating. (Incidentally, when did roads become like hotels and
restaurants, and need to be "welcoming?")

Most offensive to motorists like me is the fraudulent claim, made
several times a day on LBC, that "every journey matters."

[email protected] December 11th 15 11:22 PM

TfL propaganda leaflets

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

TfL are also removing the ability to purchase Network Card discounted
One Day Travelcards at LU stations. It's also removing the facility
to buy those tickets in advance.

Is that allowed under the agreement with the TOCs? I presume the tickets are
still available from TOC stations.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Mizter T December 11th 15 11:34 PM

TfL propaganda leaflets

On 11/12/2015 18:06, Robin9 wrote:

d;152364 Wrote:
They've started handing out leaflets at stations starting "We're
making some changes in ticket halls to enhance customer service".

Do they honestly expect daily commuters to believe this horse****?

That's small change where TfL's propaganda is concerned. Their
flannel about their "road modernisation" schemes is far more
irritating. (Incidentally, when did roads become like hotels and
restaurants, and need to be "welcoming?")

When it became appreciated that folk other than those in smaller metal
boxes using them also mattered.

Most offensive to motorists like me is the fraudulent claim, made
several times a day on LBC, that "every journey matters."

It's a pretty insipid tagline. Better without I'd think.

Robin9 December 12th 15 09:21 AM

That's a fairly neat riposte and entirely valid coming from you.
It's not at all valid coming from TfL whose ambition from day
one has been to make roads unwelcoming to motorists.

e27002 aurora December 12th 15 02:43 PM

TfL propaganda leaflets

On Fri, 11 Dec 2015 10:55:10 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

They've started handing out leaflets at stations starting "We're making some
changes in ticket halls to enhance customer service".

One could not make this stuff up!

Do they honestly expect daily commuters to believe this horse****? I think
most people would have a lot more respect for them if they manned up and said,
"Look, we've had budget cuts and the ticket offices had to go but we're
doing the best we can. Apologies" instead of this moronic New Labour style spin.

George Orwell's Big Brother had nothing on TfL. :-)

[email protected] December 14th 15 08:46 AM

TfL propaganda leaflets

On Fri, 11 Dec 2015 19:06:58 +0100
Robin9 wrote:
;152364 Wrote:
They've started handing out leaflets at stations starting "We're making
some
changes in ticket halls to enhance customer service".

Do they honestly expect daily commuters to believe this horse****?
--
Spud

That's small change where TfL's propaganda is concerned. Their
flannel about their "road modernisation" schemes is far more
irritating. (Incidentally, when did roads become like hotels and
restaurants, and need to be "welcoming?")

Most offensive to motorists like me is the fraudulent claim, made
several times a day on LBC, that "every journey matters."

Well it certainly matters to them - more journeys, more revenue. The
implication that they give a stuff about any passengers particular journey
is obviously marketing BS.

--
Spud