London Banter

-   -   Sunday Times: Heathrow wants £735 per Crossrail train (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14701-sunday-times-heathrow-wants-735-a.html)

Recliner[_3_] December 27th 15 09:26 AM

Sunday Times: Heathrow wants £735 per Crossrail train

The Sunday Times is reporting that Heathrow Airport wants a construction
cost contribution fee of £597+£138 for maintenance for each Crossrail train
that uses its tunnels and stations. It says that the DfT estimates that
this could cost Crossrail £40m per year.

The question isn't whether a fee should be charged, but just how high it
is. Apparently ORR will have the final say. I wonder how much the fee is
for the current HC trains?

See.
http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/...cle1649322.ece
(£)

I suppose this is one way HAL can keep HEx alive: by making Crossrail also
charge premium fares to Heathrow.

Recliner[_3_] December 27th 15 11:25 AM

Sunday Times: Heathrow wants £735 per Crossrail train

On Sun, 27 Dec 2015 12:15:18 +0000, Paul Corfield
wrote:

On Sun, 27 Dec 2015 10:26:36 -0000 (UTC), Recliner
wrote:

The Sunday Times is reporting that Heathrow Airport wants a construction
cost contribution fee of £597+£138 for maintenance for each Crossrail train
that uses its tunnels and stations. It says that the DfT estimates that
this could cost Crossrail £40m per year.

The question isn't whether a fee should be charged, but just how high it
is. Apparently ORR will have the final say. I wonder how much the fee is
for the current HC trains?

See.
http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/...cle1649322.ece
(£)

I suppose this is one way HAL can keep HEx alive: by making Crossrail also
charge premium fares to Heathrow.

Crossrail was always required to charge premium fares. There is an
agreement that says they will do so. No one should run away with the
idea that TfL cheap fares are going to apply to Heathrow or beyond
West Drayton heading west.

Yes, as with HC, but I wonder if this, presumably higher, charge will
make the premium higher?